taking babies abroad

Hemera

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this is a bit far off but how soon after babys born can you take them abroad. would it be best to wait till they are a year old ? craving a holiday somewhere hot and sunny, know its not going to be this year as all our money will be tied up but hoping maybe next year.

However hopefully we'll have a mega summer here in the uk this year to stop these cravings, we're owed one after the last few 'summers' we've had!

My friend took her baby abroad to Lanza when he was about 6 weeks and they all loved it. It was relaxing after the stress of birth and they had a lovely time but just kept him covered up with creams and a sun shade.

I've heard of people taking 6 week old babies away, there's always one crying on the flights I'm on anyway! Ill prob be that poor mum all hot and flustered with a screaming baby next year lol!

Take them on holiday as early as you want to. I find the sooner the better really - if you are going to breastfeed then it's a doddle as you don't need to worry about formula, sterilising etc. Nappies are available abroad - Dodots are the foreign brand for Pampers. Just be sure to take a high factor SPF for babies & a hat & keep them in the shade. As babies sleep regularly it gives you time to relax & you may be lucky enough to have a baby that sleeps on the plane. I fed Joseph during take off to help his ears & he was fine, he slept the rest of the way!
As long as you take them to a country where they don't need vaccinations etc. then go for it. It's good to have a break from the norm & a bit of sunshine too.

Sunnyb xxx

im taking our bubby girl away next june, so she will be about 11 months old! but we would go sooner if we could afford to!

Take them on holiday as early as you want to. I find the sooner the better really - if you are going to breastfeed then it's a doddle as you don't need to worry about formula, sterilising etc. Nappies are available abroad - Dodots are the foreign brand for Pampers. Just be sure to take a high factor SPF for babies & a hat & keep them in the shade. As babies sleep regularly it gives you time to relax & you may be lucky enough to have a baby that sleeps on the plane. I fed Joseph during take off to help his ears & he was fine, he slept the rest of the way!
As long as you take them to a country where they don't need vaccinations etc. then go for it. It's good to have a break from the norm & a bit of sunshine too.

Sunnyb xxx

Think the pampers depends what country you in, here (Turkey) pampers are called prima.. although huggies are still huggies.

And as everyone else said.. as soon as your comfortable to fly etc you can take baby.. you can actually fly with most airline from baby being 24 hours :D

Last edited:
My friend just recently had her baby & took him to Eygpt when he was 4wks old. She isn't long back (think he's around 6wks old now) and she said she had an amazing time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back