Swine flu jabs

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
I've just got a letter through telling me to book Sam in for his - I didn't realise we actually had to fill in a form to opt out if we don't want them to have it.

I don't know what to do now. I hadn't planned to make an appointment for him, but now I'm wondering if I should... would be one less person to give it to Toby too. What's everyone else doing?

I definitely will :) Joe had his without any hassle at all :)

Alex had his and was absolutely fine. Haven't heard any bad reactions in my circle.

i would... my nephew had it and i dont know if it was related but had mild flulike symptoms for 2 days... and that was the worst reaction i heard lol and we dont even know if it was coming on him anyway... xx

I'm still undecided, i got the letter about a month ago inviting Jacob so i rang them and told them i was thinking about it. Sorry i'm not much help xx

I still don't know what to do. Toby had his injections today so I asked about appointments at the surgery and it turns out the letter was meant to be sent out a couple of weeks ago as they had a clinic last Saturday. So we've missed it anyway. Useful :lol:

The nurse who did the injections said that her child had had it and she would definitely recommend it, as although flu is mild in most kids it can be far more serious. Until this week I'd made my mind up that he definitely wasn't having it...

I dont know how much truth there is in this....but I have heard reports that GPs are getting incentives based on the uptake they get. :| Obviously when it looked like it was going to be a big deal, the government had to buy / order and pay for enough for EVERYONE as they pledged......now they still have all that stock, with a shelf life and of course vaccines do go out of date as the strains mutate....so IMO they are probably just trying to get rid of all the excess stock rather than doing it out of genuine need now. Cases are through the floor - that much I do know for sure from the official stats.....

I'm not not having it because I am hugely concerned about the effects. It doesn't reassure me personally when I hear people say 'oh I/my LO had it and no effects' because I worry more about longer term effects.....ie years down the line. So although I am very pro-vaccination and my two have had everything that they should so far, I'm not about to give them something I cant put my hand on my heart and say I am 100% confident in AND not sure it's necessary. If swine flu were still rife I'd have no hesitation - I'd be weary but I'd go for it under those circumstances but as it stands I don't think it's needed.... :|

Last edited:
I'm actually annoyed now, and not because I'm desperate for him to have it, but I just looked at the letter again and it said that I need to make an appointment for Sam to have it. I got this yesterday, went in the next day (only because I was there anyway today for Toby) and I'm now told that he can't have it because I've missed the clinic. If there was going to be a one off clinic on a Saturday why didn't their letter say that? Not that it would have been much use arriving yesterday anyway :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back