• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swimming

Gene

Reaction score
For those of you who have taken LO swimming - what inflatable do/did you use? I'm going to take LO on Monday but dont know if he should wear armbands or ring or full inflatable suit thing! Any advice greatly appreciated! :D

Gene
xxx

i havent used a ring but i se people with them and they seem quite good-
hayden has armbands which are still a bit big and are the smallest size...in that particualar type they may do smaller ones somewhere.. but i think for little ones a ring is good as you'll be holding them anyway..whereas the bands give older babies a tiny bit more independence so i can let him go for a few mins and he swims by himself (with me standing there obviously!)

Thanks - I'm really nervous, do you just put a swimming nappy under their bathing suit?

Gene
xxx

We don't use any inflatables either. Jim seems to enjoy splashing around and getting 'dragged' through the water. We go to water babies at the local pol and the teacher makes him swim underwater too. He just wears swimming shorts with a swim nappy underneath (because the shorts don't fit as his legs are too skinny!)...

I'm sure you will have a great time :lol:

no inflatables here either , u kinda hold them under there arms to its looks like there crawling in the water

leland weres a huggies swim nappy under a wet suit / sunsuit all in one

i would feel too nervous just holding him but thats because he gets very excited about water and flaps around all over the place..they are more for my reassurance then anything! i use huggies little swimmers and all in one bodysuit thingy..i live literally acrss the road from the swimming baths so i go quite a lot..its brilliant fun..little ones love it..enjoy :)

I can't remember what brand ours is but i got it from asda i think it was about £8 and lasts until about 10 months. I use little swimmers swim nappies :)

I have this its nice if you want to give your arms a rest and ky thinks its the funniest thing ever if i twirl him around in it!

Thanks for all replies - I would be too nervous to just hold him, he swings his arms around so much now he could propbably take me under!! He does get very excited. Saying that though he has only just stopped the teeth chattering when he has a warm bath - God knows what he'll be like in a swimming pool! :lol: Will let you know how I get on!

Cheers
Gene
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon