• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swimming...what does LO need?

KJL

Reaction score
Layla will be 3 months next week and I am going to start swimming classes with her. My q is what am I best to put her in for swimming? Does she need a swim suit with floats in? Also is there anything particular I should put on her skin after swimming?

I've taken LO swimming from about the same age, in the pool we use a Huggies little swimmer nappy and a happy nappy wrap www.splashabout.net to go on top. Afterwards we just shower off and dress as normal, nice bath with oils etc in the evening! Have fun, they usually really love the water!

Oh if swimming in a public pool you might wanna think about a baby wetsuit or body wrap for them to keep them a little warmer as the water in the public pools is pretty darn chilly after a while.

for leland i use the sun/wet suits all in one or 2 piece in 3-6 as they see to come up small . he wears a huggies swim nappy underneth size xs .

but i dont do classes just take him for a splash about altho will be doing baby and toddler swim group .

afterwards i use oil on him but thats cos he has dry skin and i oil after a normal bath .

i leave the towel by the side of the pool cos he gets cold walking from the pool to changing room .

Nicola said:
I've taken LO swimming from about the same age, in the pool we use a Huggies little swimmer nappy and a happy nappy wrap www.splashabout.net to go on top. Afterwards we just shower off and dress as normal, nice bath with oils etc in the evening! Have fun, they usually really love the water!

Oh if swimming in a public pool you might wanna think about a baby wetsuit or body wrap for them to keep them a little warmer as the water in the public pools is pretty darn chilly after a while.

thanks, that's a really useful site :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back