Swimming (again)

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Right - we have decided to take the plunge (pun intended) and take Ellie swimming on saturday morning. We have a swim seat for her and I have one of those little swimmer nappies. Unfortunately she is below the weight range on it and it is the smallest size they do. Last time she was weighed 1 week ago she was 12lb 13oz. What is the best thing for her to wear? Do we just put her in the little swimmer nappy and hope for the best? Is it best to put a t-shirt or top on as well to stop her getting too cold? Thanks for peoples advice.

you can buy swimsuits with built in nappies. Dior has a pink costume from boots they do them in 3-6 months but not sure what weight that would be?

. but mine have been swimming a good few times and neer poohed only wee. will you be taking her swimming often? if so might be worth geting her a wet suit wrap Harley has one from birth - 1 yr is fab keeps them snug but they are about £20

We would like to take her once a week. Though Saturday is partly to see how she likes it. If she really hates it we might leave it a bit longer then try again. However she loves the bath and loves kicking off the bottom of it so I do have high hopes. Where did you get the wet suit wrap from?

Thanks

Thanks for the links. Have you used this site? How quickly do they dispatch stuff?

Dionne, thanks for telling me about the wetsuits. I ended up ordering one of these sets:

http://www.konfidence.co.uk/details.php?pID=63

I phoned them up and they said they will dispatch it today, I have ordered it special delivery so that it should arrive tomorrow ready for the big day on saturday.

They are fantastic! We want to take Charlie swimming as he also loves his bath. Someone bought us a 3-6 months wetsuit type thing when he was born but it doesn't look as warm as these. Also I was thinking the same about the little swimmer nappies Nicky, they do start big don't they? Just got to get myself something now as I don't think I'll subject the other swimmers to the size of my size 14 wobbly belly hanging over the top of a size 10 bikini!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh god - I hadn't thought about me. I am 2 stone heavier than before I became pregnant!!!

Nicky_Jones said:
Oh god - I hadn't thought about me. I am 2 stone heavier than before I became pregnant!!!

Me too!!!!! :rotfl:
Shopping tomorrow then, is it Nicky?? :wink:

The wetsuit arrived this morning. Which is very impressive service.

Fantastic service! I've ordered one for Charlie, but as we've not got time to take him this weekend, and I've still go to buy myself something, I've ordered it on normal delivery.

Let me know how Ellie gets on. Have fun! :D

I had this problem with Isaac, he's 15lbs now and still the legs are too big on the disposable swimming nappies. He's got long lean legs.

I bought kushies reusable swimming nappies from Little Trekkers, best buy ever. They are the only ones that will fit him and it saves on disposables.

That said Home Bargains sells disposable swimming nappies really cheaply if they fit your little un.

Mine came this morning!! How's that for service!! :dance:

Gotta go and buy me something to wear now! :roll:

Well we went this morning. She didn't love it, but she wasn't distressed either. She just didn't quite know what to make of it all. We only spent about 10mins or so in there for the first time. I was REALLY glad of the wetsuit as her legs were really cold even though the pool felt warm to me. I think the nappy cover might have been a waste of money. We have ordered one of their reuseable swim nappies hopefully that will arrive in time for next week rather than buy any of the disposables we got away with it under the nappy cover but it was very fiddly to put on. Amazingly I managed to fit into my swim suit despite the weight I have put on.

great find on tht site i have just ordered one :D

The swim nappie arrived this morning - I only ordered it at the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back