Sweetie recipes

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good recipes for making home-made sweets? I want to make some for xmas pressies

oooh, i'm interested in this too! My OH makes chocs but he basically just melts down choc and adds stuff and cools them in ice cube trays. He puts marzipan, almonds, nuts, raises etc

I put this on a thread in the Christmas section

SarahH said:
It is a clotted cream fudge that I make.
You'll need a jam thermometre

Ingredients
275g Caster sugar (10 oz)
100g Golden syrup (3 1/2 oz)
225g Clotted cream (8 oz)
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla essence

Method

Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, cover and boil for 3 minutes. Uncover and continue to boil until the temperature reaches 116 °C / 240 °F.

Remove from the heat and beat until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
Pour into a greased tin. Leave for 30 minutes. Mark into squares with a knife and leave until set. Cut into pieces

Chocolate Truffles
These look nicest put into paper sweet cases

Ingredients
25g cocoa powder
50g icing sugar
50g chopped nuts
50g cream cheese
Chocolate vermicelli

Put the cheese, chopped nuts, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and stir until everything is well mixed together. Roll the mixture into balls of the right size to fit into the sweet cases. Sprinkle the chocolate vermicelli onto a board and roll the truffle balls in it carefully until they are covered all over. Pop into the sweet cases and keep in a cool place until you are ready to eat them!

Toffee
Ingrediants

3/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
4 cups brown sugar

Boil the water, sugar and butter to 310 degrees F. Pour onto a buttered pan. Cut into pieces when cool.

put candy or sweet recipes into google.. theres loads.. im gonna do coconut ice :)

Tablet?

I don't have the receipe though :lol:

Baileys truffles any good for ya hun?

Baileys Irish Cream Truffles Candy
1 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate morsels

1/5 cup heavy cream

1 tablespoon sweet butter

2 egg yolks

1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream

Instructions
Melt chocolate, Baileys and heavy cream together over very low heat. Whisk in yolks, one at a time; mixture will thicken. Whisk in butter. Refrigerate overnight, or until firm. With spoon make small balls. Roll in powdered sugar, cocoa, chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back