sweet pot chips !

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
right operation leland eat normal food is starting today lol

im at this second cooking the sweet pot and ive kinda sliced it so its like chips so he can ahve a go at feeding himself , cooking some broc / caul , ive also cut up so cheese and ham too so his gonna have a fun lunch !

question is , now ive cooked the pot his obviously not gonna eat all of it, so do i mash up the rest and freeze or can i freeze the sticks how they are ?

and if i dont freeze ( id rather not freeze space is min) how long do they keep in fridge covered up / in a seal container ?

sorry for the silly questions , i seriously dont cook :oops:

will update with pics lmao

I'd mash the sweet potato - the stuff u aren't using and freeze it

If u froze it in sticks I think it might fall apart when u defrosted it :lol:

Not sure on how long they would keep in the fridge though

Have fun! I've bought Finlay some carrots (loves carrot), butternut squash and brocolli to try him with. Already got sweet potato and turnip in the freezer

Well done!! :cheer:

As Bee said, mash the sticks then freeze. What we usually do when defrosting is take 2 pots out of the freezer (Or cubes out of the tray - whatever you're using) the night before and leave them to defrost in the fridge. We don't to offer food that's over 24 hours old.

Is Leland enjoying the home cooked stuff? It takes ages to do but in the end it's worth it. Ella's enjoying pasta at the moment. The other day we had it for our tea and we put aload of the bow shapes on her tray with some bread and she gobbled it down really well! (After playing with it first :lol: )

slightly off topic but on the subject of freezing food. I found freezing slices of melon, pineapple, that kinda thing, and then giving them to alice to chew on when she was teething. Had to be careful because they did fall apart after her gums had munched on them for a while, but they seemed to sooth her (i think i learned that on this forum!).

Sam&Alice said:
slightly off topic but on the subject of freezing food. I found freezing slices of melon, pineapple, that kinda thing, and then giving them to alice to chew on when she was teething. Had to be careful because they did fall apart after her gums had munched on them for a while, but they seemed to sooth her (i think i learned that on this forum!).

Yup cold cucumber is a savior too!

SarahH said:
Sam&Alice said:

Yup cold cucumber is a savior too!

ooo yer. I got a crinkle chip cutter and used to cut food using that. It left handy little ridges for her fingers! :lol:

well leland has had his first ever home cooked food today :oops: and i had a lil buzz :oops:

lunch time he had ..
sweet pot chips , cheese , ham , carrot and kinda helped himself and did really well , wasnt even sick :cheer: he did gobble a while dessert jar tho ( one thing at a time ladies let me get sav done first lol) so i think he didnt eat as much as he does with a jar this way ? he also started to get frustrated at it and most of the time i still had to hand feed him, think his lazy ? but he didnt cry ( till he got frustrated anyway)

then i had blended the rest of sp , carrot , broc , caul , peas ( basically frozen mixed veg cooked to death) , the hand blender didnt work so i shoved everything in the smoothy maker , this wasnt great tho but he had a pot tonight and ate it allll up ! ive no got 2 frozen pots int he fridge too , so if i say it cost £1.20 for the veg today , i got 4 meals out of it ! for 4 jars its over £2 and im sure if i buy more then one lonely sweet pot it will be cheaper ! YAY TO ME SAVING PENNIES !

so how long will those frozen ones last ? ive washed up some more pots tonight and gonna go et some more veg tomorrow , im on a roll !

next thing will be my own desserts , i dont think ill ever do meat ones tho cos we dont rarely eat meat ourselves (unless we have a special roast)

can i say , im really proud that i even did one meal ! sad isnt it but seriously didnt think i could ! and it was soooo easy !

well done Gem!

I think its a month frozen but can't quite remember - could be 6 weeks :lol:

aw well done! And well done leland too.
Doesn't it feel good knowing that their eating what you've made. It's so cool :)

Gem & Leland said:
i dont think ill ever do meat ones tho cos we dont rarely eat meat ourselves (unless we have a special roast)

You could get the baby stock cubes from Boots, the meat flavoured ones, and mix them with water to whizz your food. So it's a meaty flavour then! :)

next question

how do you cook fruit ? is it boil it ???? ive brought a pear to add to something , ive brough loads of vegs too , and a butternut squash , gonna have some fun making it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back