Sweep!!!

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Just been for my mw appt this morning and booked for a sweep on Monday! Eeeek!! She had a good feel and said baby is a 'fair size'.....oh dear lord......hurry up bubba lol xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

:cheer: hopefully won't be much longer for u now!

I wouldn't listen too much to what they say, both my girls I got 'oh my!! She's gonna be at least 8lb and very long!!' at 36w! 7.6 and 7.5 have that mw!!! :lol:

Phew!!! that makes me feel better thank you :) Im sure they just do it to try and shock you into labour lol!

I am slightly worried in the 'head' department though as everyone in our family has huge heads :pray:

I had a sweep yesterday! unfortunately it has'nt done anything but it's worth a try. It's just a little bit uncomfortable really but it's not for very long, i had a bit of cramping after and baby was moving around like crazy but all settled after about an hour. Good luck and hopefully baby will come before then! xx

Yeah I was worried about the head too as my sisters head was MASSIVE!!
There's no way of knowing baby's weight til it's out really.. I don't know anyone who has lived up to the mws estimations..
Don't worry the head kinda caves in during birth which is why they have cone heads after.. So even if someone says the head is huge.. It's not actually passing thru that size!!

Last edited:
Hmmmm cant say Im looking forward to the sweep but hey ho...what will be will be! Its good that they come to your house though, which I didnt realise! have to make sure I draw the curtains properly as we're currently having building work done haha......................that would be an eyeful Lol!

ha ha my brothers head is HUGE too :rotfl: all his mates call him 'fat head' ................. it must be a sibling thing :)

FX for you katie, I hope all starts moving soon xxx

Im having a sweep on my due date next week, i have to go to my doctors, apparantly mines a 10lb er im considering putting 0-3 clothes in my hospital bag now x

Blimey!! :shock: will be interesting to see if they are right!

Im having a sweep on my due date next week, i have to go to my doctors, apparantly mines a 10lb er im considering putting 0-3 clothes in my hospital bag now x

ooow I hope you're sweep works hun, wish they'd give me one sooner than next monday where ill be 41 weeks exactly!

Let us know how you get on :) xx

I've had 3 sweeps! Well, 2 they tried and couldn't manage :( but they managed one yesterday and theres been nothing, not even a Braxton Hicks. Being induced tomorrow supposedly, but i'm not holding my breathe for the tablet to work

Good Luck Hun....your little bubba must just be far too comfy in there :) have a feeling mines going to be the same xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back