• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

swapping mobile numbers?

charlotte_

Reaction score
i've just got a new phone on an orange contract, after having an o2 pay as you go phone for yearrrrs, with the same number.
would orange be able to give me my old o2 number on my new orange sim card?
i know you they can do it if you're going from orange to orange, just wondered about other networks, it took me years to learn my number, don't wanna loose it now!

YES!!

You need to ring your old provider and ask for a PAC code. they should tx it to you and then u need to ring your nw provider and tell them you want to port your number. they wil ask fr the PAC code, should take no longr than a week..
I did it with 3 to orange. Dead Easy

As 1sttimemum says, it's as simple as calling O2 customer services and telling them you want to port your number to Orange. They will provide you with your PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) and then all you need to do is call Orange (150 from your orange phone) and give them the PAC as well as the IMEI number of the handset (all found on the barcode sticker on your orange mobile box).

Back when I worked in the mobile industry Orange was the only network that would allow you to port your number onto a contract phone after the initial setup, all the other networks would only let you do the number transfer if you told them when you setup the new contract so it's best to bear that in mind and check before signing on the dotted line :)

My OH and I did that today, it's exactly as the others have said. Vodafone gave me my PAC code straight away over the phone but Orange said they have to send his PAC code out in a letter so he has to wait for his.

3 things you have to remember though:
1. PAC Codes last for 30 days so make sure you give it to your new provider in that time.
2. Credit cannot be transferred or refunded, so use it or lose it!
3. Make sure you transfer anything stored on your sim card to your phone/new sim. That includes numbers, pics, video, music etc. Customer care told us if we didn't transfer the stuff by the time the sim is switched off we would never be able to retreive it.

We both moved to TESCO Pay as you go. There offer at the mo is great, well worth looking into.

Sarah xxx

done & dusted, thanks ladies. o2 were so nice to me because i was leaving!
i only moved to orange contract because the phone i wanted wasn't on o2 pay as you go, but now they said i can get it! ffs.

charlotte_ said:
done & dusted, thanks ladies. o2 were so nice to me because i was leaving!
i only moved to orange contract because the phone i wanted wasn't on o2 pay as you go, but now they said i can get it! ffs.
I just swapped from O2 to Orange too!
Well at least we get orange Wednesdays now! haha Oh and free broadband!!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back