swaddling how to stop??? any sucess stories?

LISAMJS

Reaction score
Hi my son is 17 weeks old and will only sleep whilst being swaddled. Obviously he is getting bigger and soon wont fit in a swaddle if I dont swaddle him he cries and cries. I have tried just cuddling him to settle him but it does not work. Any ideas on when a baby defiently wont want to be swaddled? Thanks

with benjamin i just swaddled him until he was too strong to be swaddled and then he would pull his arms out, and it just keep his chest and lower body and legs swaddled.

and i didnt use a proper swaddle blanket, just a normal blanket

thanx for the replies yes have tried half swaddling but he doesnt like it. he likes his arms swaddled

Kayleigh liked to be swaddled too but eventually her arms were to strong and she ended up kicking of the blanket during the night so I got a sleeping bag and she loves it - you can get ones with sleeves in from boots and Sainsburys if your lo likes nice warm arms - Kayleigh prefers the ones with no sleeves tho that i got from Mothercare and I have also found it stops her from rolling on to her belly during the night too - that always worries me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back