Surprise sweep!

Crackers

Reaction score
Well I had my 40 week mw appointment today, and turns out its protocol in our area to give women a membrane sweep once they hit 40 weeks, if wanted. So that was a nice(?!) little surprise this afternoon!

I must admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. At first she said the baby's head was really high, but then she managed to reach my cervix - that was the only bit that really hurt. She said she got 1 finger into my cervix (sorry for tmi!), so along with baby being engaged etc she said there's a 50% chance labour could start within 48 hours!

It was done at 1pm, and since I've had some period type pains, but not sure if thats just where she did what she did...

Gosh that's lucky!!! I don't get mine till next Wednesday if baby don't arrive before then. Hope this is the start of something! X

Very jealous lol! I still haven't got cramps :-( good luck though!! X

Thanks girls! Although not getting my hopes up.

Aww Kayelle, yours is def the longest pregnancy everrrr!

Here's to some babies arriving this weekend!

Yeah let's hope we get some babies this weekend! Furbaby started us off :) x

Woohoo. Keep me informed. I've got my sweep booked for tues at 40+2 xx

It's on Kayelle! Ha ha!

Keep an eye out for labour txts Steffy ;-) And good luck for Tuesday. It's not pleasant, but breathe through it and you'll be fine xx

Ah hope you have some good luck soon! I have my sweep monday morning if this baby doesnt show this weekend so praying Im not too much longer waiting! :) xx

I hope our babies arrive soon! I'm getting impatient lol xxx

hey Crackers - any news?

I'm hoping to be one of the ladies to have LO this weekend too! fingers crossed for us all xx

Exciting crackers, hope you get some action soon Hun xx

Nothing yet guys! Reeeeally got a feeling I'm going to go way over...woke up this morning and felt fine!

Going for a walk later, and might bounce on my ball.

Come on baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back