Surestart

Bloom

Reaction score
I hope im allowed to post this mods if not you can delete :D

I just wanted to say how brill surestart are they have all sorts of groups from baby massage, young mums, early days (babies under 12 months), breast feeding, weaning groups etc. Ive found it really good to meet some new mummy friends and get out of the house for a few hours.

Not every area has one and they wont all do the same thing but its worth finding out about as its all free.

i agree with you i love surestart have one at the bottom of the road from me take jayde to quite a few of the groups :D

Me too, i go to a PND group, boxercise and massage and playgroup from Surestart, all free and they are so nice. Anyone go to the one in Southampton?

I think they rock! I got my tens machinbe from them for labour, a free maternity bra (just about to get my second one of those too), breast pads and an expressing pump at a discount price!

I go to the BIBS (breast is best) group and I got most of my most helpful advice from them, especially about getting more sleep at nights.

Boo hoo! I don't think we have this in Scotland!

It sounds fab though!

Valentine Xxx

We have loads of them in the different areas of our town and you can go to any of them and it is all free! :cheer: :dance:

We go to something most days- it is great for meeting people and getting out the house for a couple of hours :)

I couldn't tell you where our nearest surestart is tbh.
But I'm being encouraged to go there as apparently you can train as a BF counseller and they need more, and I'm like the only person who has been BF for more than 2 months that they know of

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back