Surely Not?

BabyLove

Reaction score
Someone I Know Is Due To Have Her Baby Just Before Me, She's Due 25th Dec and She Said Today That Shes Been Told The Baby Is Breech At The Moment & If That Doesnt Change Shes Having a Cesarean In 3 Weeks :?

Im Doubting This.. Surely Theres Nothing To Worry About Yet As Shes 34 Weeks Preg & Even If In 3 Weeks The Baby Is Still Breech I Thought a Cesarean Would Be The Last Resort, After At Least Trying To Turn The Baby Themselves? She Has No Medical Probs & Im Just a Bit Supprised That a Cesarean Would Be Booked So Early Just Because Of This, She'll Be 37 Weeks :think: Hmm...

i dont know - im a bit suprised by that to be honest but then again i dont know anything about breech babies.
Just asked my mum as my brother was breech and she was booked in for her due date...maybe things have changed since then!

My first baby was breech and they gave me the option of trying to turn it or booking for a section at 39 weeks NOT 37 weeks!!

They continue to monitor the position for change right up to the last minute before the section too.

It does seem rather early - 37 weeks :think:

37 weeks is classed as full term.. i think they would rather not risk a cord prolaps and deliver early..

I agree with lisa, maybe there are underlaying problems with the baby being breech.

Nah Deffinately Not, Shes Just Lying Lol. Shes One Of Those Over-The-Top Look At Me People. Something Different Has Had To Happen All Through Her Pregnancy & Loads Of What Shes Said Has Been Lies. Its Bull! Anyways, Not My Problem :D

I know here they are a bit overly enthusiastic with medical intervention. Which I personally think is crappy..

I mentioned about Tia turning late when I first got pregnant and was told that if the baby hadn't turned by 37 weeks they would book my c section...but then I would probably be more heading on to my 38th week by the time the op came round :think: as it is that doesn't apply as little miss is all ready to go... :) Unlike her sister was...

I was also told that if they thought that the baby was going to be bigger than 3.5Kg they would automatically induce me.. (not happy about that.... won't let it happen tbh, I'll refuse to sign forms).

I think there might be some over exaggeration, I think they might check your friend at 37 weeks and if the baby is still breech then they will book an c section for the next week (when she's 38 weeks) as they can't risk her getting beyond 39 weeks incase she goes into labour on her own. A lot of hospitals won't try and turn the baby because there are mixed reviews over the safety and reliability of the procedure... often it can start labour with the baby still in breech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back