Sugar in Urine

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I have just had my GP checkup and the doc found sugar in my urine so I have to go back for blood tests on monday.

Has anyone else had this and was everything OK. Or does anyone know anything about it?

My lifestlye is very healthy and I will be annoyed if I have got diabetes.

Please help

I haven't had this but I just wanted to say that I hope you're not too worried, I am sure that everything will be ok, especially if you are healthy. Let us know how you get on and like I said, try not to worry.
Thinking about you,
Sarah xxx

Hi Sarah

I had this several times in my first pregnancy.

I had to go for a glucose tolerance test which showed that I did not have full blown gestational diabetes but I did have an intolerance to sugar. I had to finger prick blood test for sugar for a while and watch what I ate. I was warned that if I ate too much sugar that I would have a BIG baby and that they could be born with low blood sugar. I had my daughter 5 weeks early and she weighed 5lb 4oz - so I guess if she had gone full term she would have been a fair weight! I managed to control it all by eating well - no sugar, little fat, lots of fruit and veg and some exercise - nothing too painful!

In subsequent pregnancies it has just been assumed that I have the same problem and I have to watch my sugar intake again. In my second I was very strict with myself and actually weighed less at 8 months pregnant than I did when I fell pregnant (every cloud has a silver lining)!! This time I have not been too strict but have tried to be careful. I go for my glucose tolerance test next month - will let you know how I get on.

Try not to worry too much - even if it is a glucose intolerance it can usually be diet controlled. It could just be a blip - did you have a very sugary day yesterday? Watch what you eat (I know you already do) and keep up with the exercise - I must try to do more! Hope it all goes well for you on Monday - let us know how you get on.

Sunshine

Sunshine

Thank you so much for your reply. it has reassured me.

I did have a can of full sugar drink an hour before I did my urine sample, so perhaps that might be it.

I hope so.

I am not a big sugar eater in general and I do lots of exercise, so hopefully it will be a slight sugar intolerance. The main reason I don't eat much sugar is because I suspected I had a bit of an intolerance to it anyway, so giving it up completely will not be a hardship to me.

I just have to carry on with my healthy lifestyle and hope that the results are fine.

Thanks so much for your advice

My blood test results came back today!!

all normal!!!!!

yippee!

so I don't have to cut back on my sugar after all!

Now where did I put that mars bar ?? :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Sarah

I just wanted to add that i ate a jam tart for breakfast once and that also showed in my urine.

Glad to know that yours is okay and it probably was the fizzy drink.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back