ggrr!! home birth!

lisa&alex

Reaction score
midwife rang today.. and said my gtt is on the 5th november.. i was like.. y do i have to have it ive had no sugar in my urine.. shes like coz ur bmi is high we have to do it because if u have diabetes..then baby could have weird blood sugar when born..

grr!! hate this.. y cant they jsut leave me alone lol

gtt will only help u lisa , if shows up in your blood before your urine , if its in your wee youve deffo got it more then likely , they'll just help u

i got mine thurs , so much early then ya ment too

Lisa, I've got mine on Monday next week... My BMI has never been more than 25 in my entire life, I'm only 28, there is no diabetes in my family, I didn't have it with my last child, I've got no sugar in my urine or blood problems... So WHY do I need the test????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

But... seemingly is just "procedure"... :roll: I suppose it's best to have it done and that way I can say HA!! I told you so..

i know some people have had a horrid time with theirs, but my last gtt was a few months ago and wasn't really that bad. i didn't eat after my dinner (9pm) and was seen straight away at 9am the following day. i hate missing breakfast but other than that, it was pretty straightforward - i just went for a walk to the shops during my 2 hour wait between tests. i guess it depends on the nhs authority you're with though... hope it goes ok for you :hug: :hug:

well they have to let me out of the hospital. coz i have to take charlotte to school.. seen as my appointments at 8.30 i cant drop her in as she doesnt start till 8.50.. so im gonna tell her teacher shes gonna be late then rush from hospital to school, n see what happens from there. 2 hrs wait! hpw stupid! knowing my luck im diabetic! u watch.

When do we have to have this GTT thing? and where? My midwife never mentioned it to me when i saw her 2 weeks ago, to be honest although my midwife is lovely shes not very good with informing me of things, i remember asking her if i had to have more blood tests and she said "oooo no, not until much much later in pregnancy dear"

T xxx

well.. 28 weeks.. i only have to have it because i want a ome birth.. i wouldnt need it if i was birthing at a hospital.. some areas its proceedure for every mum to have it done.. some its proceedure for high bmi.. whether hospital or home birth.

When I had mine I wasn't allowed to do ANYTHING in my 2 hour wait, just sit in the waiting room. I was told that it affects the way you body breaks down sugar if you move around? Sounds like you'll be fine anyway though. :hug:

well tough shit.. midwife didnt tell me that.. i aint waiting in hospital for 2 frigging hrs.!

yeh my hossy has notice up saying u cant do anything in that 2 hours , no walking / shopping etc cos u'll be using energy to do what ever which will effect the sugar levels

well, my hospital didn't have a notice or say anything to me - and there was no way on earth i was staying in the waiting room! kingston hospital feels like somewhere you go to die!! it probably does affect your blood sugar if you're busy doing stuff - and maybe not advisable to drive etc if you're lightheaded from not eating... but i'll still be going shopping at my next one, rather than hanging around! :D

i had to av it done with charlotte and will have to have it latewr on in this pregnancy too cz my dad is diabetic. its nothing to worry about. but i had to have my blood sugar monitored aswell. so i had to carry the little machine round with me all day pricking myself. i had like a little panic attack ever time i did it..... dont like sharp pointy things lol.

Well ladies this must be anew thingy cos i ain't ever heard of it...i have heard of testing for diabetes but only if your high risk have symptons or history of it!!! :shock: What are they doing.....??? can anyone explain !! In four births i've had and i've never heard of it.....If they think they are doing that to me well they can swing for it like the rest of their tests....(i have 20wk scan and thats it) i know with all the others what my blood type is and i'm immune to German measels so whats the point....

Anyway good luck girl i'm sure you'll be fine..... Have a homebirth anyway ( if you feel that you are fine and they have their knickers in a twist over nothing) by law they have to send midwives out to you.....refuse to budge...i know plenty who have done it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back