• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stupid Woman!!!!

Yep it depends how far away u are. It's not like they are scrubbed up and waiting for u, it still takes time to get the necessary people together, if that's similar to your travel time then there's no difference.

I've been assured that there are very early indications that things are not going as they should..... If I was ever told this I would absolutely follow there advice and go to hospital.
X

Yeah thats true.

But there is always consultants/surgeons at the hospital, there is certain people who do have to get phoned though. I had an emergency situation at the hospital and I was prepped and ready for section before you could click your fingers. I cant even think what would happen if I was even 5 minutes away.

Yes the mw might be able to predict certain things are gonna happen, but also, unpredictable things can happen too. I'm not trying to put anyone off a hb or anything, its a personal choice.

Heppi - its your choice too chick, i'm sure you've weighed up the pros and cons yourself.

:)

Last edited:
I don't think it's Irresponsible, as long as there's a midwife at hand and you can get to a hospital if you need to x

In reality though, if your baby was breach or there was some circumstance that you were aware of stopping you from having a safe home birth, what mother to be in her right mind would still opt for a home birth?

Most women who give birth at home are perfectly capable of doing so, and will have assessed their own situation, but I'm sure would choose diffrently if it was going to be dangerous for baby x

My lo was arm presentation and cord prolapse so being at the hospital saved his life. Each to their own, you make your choices, it's your lo x

My lo was arm presentation and cord prolapse so being at the hospital saved his life. Each to their own, you make your choices, it's your lo x

This is why I wouldn't have a home birth. Just incase something unforeseeable occurred! x

I think if there is anyone interested in home birth and wants some of there worries/concerns answered then the homebirth Uk website is a really good read, especially the what if section.....it has certainly helped me.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back