Stupid question about moses baskets - HELP

positivity :)

Reaction score
more evidence that i know nothing about babies :blush: or babies stuff :blush:

do moses baskets come with a 'mattress' in them or do you literally get the basket when you buy it? do i need to buy fitted sheets for the matress bit? i know i have to buy blankets :blush: but can someone help me out? xx

Last edited:
Hi hun as far as i can remember (had mine for 12yrs nearly) the mattress comes with it but you need to but fitted sheets seperate xx

Most moses baskets come with a mattress hunny but you do need to buy sheets.
When Adam was tiny he was quite a sicky baby and i went through a sheet aday, so this time i bought 5 sheets with little one being a winter baby i dont want to have the dryer on all the time x x

Claire de Lune do beautiful baskets with everything included ie blankets, sheets etc. They also do stunning basinettes with canopies......have hinted at my brother (have scrawled I WANT THIS ONE over the pic lol) xxxxxxxxx

Ive bought one from mama and papas lately (only cos was in the sale) and yes it had a mattress in it but I know others dont, will depend on where you get it from XX

as far as im aware most of them come with mattresses but you'll need to buy sheets, i had 4 & if they all got dirty (very sicky baby) id pop the mattress in a pillow case done the job just fine! x

Mine came with a mattress (most do i think) but without the sheet, I bought 2 at the same time (have 5 in total)

Moses baskets come with the mattress, Asda do 'pram' size sheets that fit cheap enough :)
I would also pop a muslin under AJ's head for dribbling/sick etc. As it was easier to pop a clean muslin under his head than wake him to change a sheet. I also did this in the pram. x

Check the mattress is suitable for sleeping as I saw some (in mothercare I think) where they are not so you have to buy another one

thanks everyone, i'll check its suitable for sleeping. OH is going over the top with the baby's mattress for the cotbed, he's done lots of research and at the moment is planning on spending hundreds on it, we are going to mamas and papas tomorrow night to have a look at them. he asked me yesterday about buying a decent one for the moses basket but i think if the one inside is good enough then that will be fine, he might only be in it for a matter of weeks and he's thinking of lashing out hundreds! :roll:

i need to reign him in i think x

Last edited:
I went to Babies R Us and got a beautiful basket, it did come with the mattress, sheet and blanket but you'll need more than one, have a look on the internet for moses basket bedding x

Yeah you'll defo need the sheets, which are quite expensive. I think a lot of baby stuff is sooo expensive! Do you know anybody that is good at sewing?? Luckily my nan is so she suggested I buy King Size sheets for adults beds and my nan will cut them and sew them into fitted sheets big enough for moses basket :D xx

Check the mattress is suitable for sleeping as I saw some (in mothercare I think) where they are not so you have to buy another one

Gosh, would never have occured to me that a mattress wouldnt be suitable for sleeping!

i bought a moses basket from argos with my first and the matress was crap i wouldnt let my dog sleep on it :( Ive got one from toys r us this time and thats ok, but the moses basket is just for the front room as i have a crib in my bedroom for her. But i would buy plenty of sheets x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back