stupid bank holiday!

lisa282

Reaction score
When I saw my midwife on monday, she casually told me to make an appointment for 2 weeks time, when I will be 40+1. I thought nothing of it at the time, until I got to reception and tried to book it, only to be told 'Ooh thats a bank holiday so the surgery will be closed'. :think: I hadnt even thought of that :roll: So I was offered an appointment for the following week - obviously I would be a week overdue by then so was a bit reluctant to wait that long, but booked it anyway. Now when I think about it, midwife also told me that she would do a home visit at 41 weeks, so she could do a sweep and discuss what happens next etc. So what do I do now? :think:

I was under the impression that this appointment to see me at home would be made with the midwife at my 40 week meeting, but if Im not seeing her then, how will she know whats going on with me? :think: So yesterday I made an appointment to see her this monday instead, at 39+1, so I can discuss properly what will happen with missing my 40 wk spot. Have kept my 41 wk appointment in place, just in case, but hoping I wont need it :pray: Do you think Im doing the right thing or would you have waited till 41 weeks? Stupid bank holiday and pregnant brain are making me go nuts!! Feel like I cant think straight at all! :wall: Ah well, hopefully not long to wait now.... :pray: :bored:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah keep them!! Chances are, you probably won't need your 41 week one so don't worry :hug: If she feels it's important to see you around your due date, I'm sure she'll make another appointment for you! x

I say keep the 41 week one....hopefully you won't need it so you can always cancel it

:hug:

Does your midwife only operate on Mondays? I assume it is like mine where I can only see them on Thursdays. In that case I would keep both appointments, hopefully you won't need the second one :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back