Stuffy nose!?

saze

Reaction score
morning girlies, not a very positive way to start the day but does anyone have a blocked stuffy nose that they cannot get rid of?? i have had fuck-all sleep last night (excuse my french) , it is driving me crazey! just don't have the usual cold symptoms just my nose is affected! Maybe another wonderful pregnancy symptom, i swear people are thinking i am a hypochondriac. :roll:

I have had this since before i even knew i was pregnant and still have it now i looked in to it and its actually a really common preg symptom caused by the blood vessels expanding or something to that affect.
I totally sympathise havent had a good nights sleep in months!!!!

I have had one blocked nostril for weeks now, just another joy of being pregnant i believe i went to the chemist to get something for it as i thought it was hayfever but they refused to give me anything!

I have had it for a few weeks now!! I thought it was hayfever & was told theres nothing I can take for it! My sleeping pattern is really shite too! x x

i cannot cope with this! my OH thinks i have acquired a very strange habit of snorting, sniffling and picking my nose! the smell of vix is starting to make me feel nauseous! x

My OH is always shouting at me for sniffing, i blow my nose and its blocked again seconds later! x x

same here, it's doing my headin x

I'm similar, but I don't think I'm as bad. Either one nostril or the other is usually blocked most of the time, and something in the office makes me sneeze, but I've no idea what it is. I don't sneeze as much at home. I think I'm quite lucky though it's not affecting my sleep as yet, I am able to clear it by blowing before going to sleep, then once I'm asleep I'm fine. It is a really common symptom known as pregnancy rhinitis. Like Karla said it's caused by swelling of the blood vessels in the nose which are swelling due to...you guessed it, hormonal changes. Nasal decongestant sprays can help, but there is still conflict over whether these are OK in pregnancy or not, so you'll have to check with your doctor if they are ok for you. Alternatively, those breathing strips that you stick over your nose to help open up your airways might help while trying to sleep, as might putting your head over a bowl of steaming water with a towel over you. I know these options don't look pretty, but they might help give some brief relief without having to resort to medications. Hope you're all able to get some better sleep soon.

Try the breathing strips! I love them when I get a cold... unblocks me immediately :)

okay jomc will do, off to go get some today. lol

I've been suffering with a blocked nose, particularly at night or if I lie down. It drives me nuts. I'm also sneezing lots. I do suffer with hayfever though and obvisouly can't take anything to relieve it :(

Ive also had this from the very start :( its so thick in the morning (tmi) it makes me gag and sometimes im sick :( it made me sick every morning in tri1.. if i didnt have my nose blocked i dont think id have been sick at all!! was nauseous 24/7 tho but was never sick from anything but blowing my nose in the morning :(
i havent had a decent sleep since finding out i was preg :cry: its so frustratingx

I've got this too - have had it since I was about 7 weeks. (17 now, still driving me mad) :(

:(
Last night, I got really pissed off and emotional because I couldn't sleep. I was sneezing like there was no tomorrow and my nose was like a tap :(

Fortunately, after having a sneezing fit and a good old blow, I got some sleep!
But now my nose is the same again :( Definitely not a cold, just a snotty irritating nose :(

I heard this was very common in pregnancy.
The joys of sniffling every few seconds. xxx

I wake up bunged up and start getting a bit stuffy at night! Had it the whole way through x

I've got this too.....didn't realise it was sooo common! Fortunately I am managing to sleep but it is horrible in the morning and sounding like I have a cold all the time! Ahh another joy of pregnancy!!

I had an emotional day friday so cried alot... it helped!! but now its getting bunged up again lol... i might get OH to kick me in the shin lol!

I had that too this morning! My mouth also tasted of blood URGH!

i just cant breath not bunged up but i have little nostrols anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back