• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Struggling with the SPD

x Naomi x

Reaction score
well had another go at the physio's the other day and there are only two exercises that i can do which both involve me lying on my back, one is just pelvic floor, the other is arching lower back, the problem being that because my SPD radiates around to my left lower back as well as at the front, it really hurts just to lie flat

He did say i may find them too painful to do later on in pregnancy but it really hurts now!

Also he gave me a tubi grip to use as a bump support which just keeps rolling down so i bought a proper bump support online, but because i am a tubster, it is too small and that was the biggest size :cry:

I have been signed off work for two weeks and was on annual leave for two weeks before that and i am definately not in as much pain, i shall have to talk to the doctor about going back to work on reduced hours i think

Just wondered if anyone has found anything that actually works as far as strengthening or pain relief as i know its gonna get worse?

i have just had a referal to physio for my SPD. I had this with my last pregnancy and physio and bump support were useless for me that time so i am not holding out much hope for this time. My MW warned me yesterday that as it was so severe, if i had another baby after this i run the risk of being wheelchair bound for a long time, lovely to hear NOT!

oh glad it isnt just me that finds them useless then! scary thought isnt it i want a second and am already worried about how much it will hurt the next time!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I also had SPD with my last pregnancy, & found the bump support & excercises to be useless. It kicked in pretty early this time so have been referred to physio, just keeping everything crossed that this time it'll be more help to me.

Hope that you can find something that works better for you soon. x

I wanted to send some hugs.... :hug: :hug: :hug: I only suffered from this for the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy (I was induced because of it) and it was the worst 2 weeks ever. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back