SPD????

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
Hi girls, for the last few days I've felt that I have massive pressure on my lower lady parts :)lol: Sorry!) Hurts when I move my legs, especially from a lying down position and I have bum pain (Sorry again) and its feels like everything is swollen 'down there'. I've had back pain for weeks now.

I had the start of a water infection about 5 weeks ago that I managed to shift really quickly but never actually heard the results from the GP. Anyhoo got myself worked up into a state last night worrying I might have missed the infection and it had got worse. :wall: :wall: :wall: I made the mistake of reading premature labour symptoms and lower groin pressure back ache etc was on it so I freaked! :doh: (Why do we read this stuff??)

Ended up ringing the MW who was a comlpete darling and explained that she had results on file from 4 weeks ago and they were all clear (Phew) but she told me to have my wee dipped again today to be on the safe side and asked me a few more questions about the pain and said she is fairly confident it's not an infection as I would feel terrible by now and that she thinks it's 'Pelvis Grinding something or other' which I googled this morning and came up with SPD - Is that the same thing? It's quite horrible but not so bad yet that I'm popping paracetamol - Just wondered how many of you lovely ladies are experiencing this?

Thanks Girls :hug:

I was reading about the pelvic grinding thingymabob in 'The Pregnancy Bible' last night - thankfully it's not the same as SPD, it's just a result of your pelvic ligaments stretching, as your uterus expands quite a lot between weeks 18 -24. Apparently it should get better after then - I hope so, I've been getting it on and off too :hug:

Chopsie said:
I was reading about the pelvic grinding thingymabob in 'The Pregnancy Bible' last night - thankfully it's not the same as SPD, it's just a result of your pelvic ligaments stretching, as your uterus expands quite a lot between weeks 18 -24. Apparently it should get better after then - I hope so, I've been getting it on and off too :hug:

Ah great! Just got the all clear from the Doctors too so it should dissapear? I'm liking that thought - thank god it's not the same! I just wondered because the MW said if my wee comes back clear they will book physio but hopefully that might not be necessary :clap:

I don't care about the million aches and pains I can deal with them all (I mean lets face it we have a million times worse than this to look forward to! :lol: ) but I just don't want to over look something and put my wee bean at risk.

thanks hon :hug:

Hiya, I had SPD with my 1st which started around 16-18 weeks or so but this time it started at about 8 weeks and I diddn't think it was my pelvis that early but dr said it was and he said im prone to it now with having the pain with my 1st baby.

If I sit for too long and try to move im in agony, or getting out of bed or switching positions in bed...nightmare! :wall: I'm worried my pelvis isnt going to handle this pregnancy when I get to furtur stages and more pressure.

Hiya hun.
Firstly :hug: :hug: :hug:
Iv got this as well, not alot, but when I do get it its really bad.
I got it at 4am the other morning when i woke up for the toilet and it literally took me about an hour to shuffle to the toilet and back :lol:
Hope it gets better for you hun, and if not they will say you can go to a physio as thats what they said to me and Im sure its the same everywhere :)

Hi mama 2 be, just thought i would say it should ease off so :hug: and try not to do too much...

Jade89 : I had SPD at 30 wks with my 1st PG, but this time i started with it almost straight away...i have to say it worries me also as to how bad it will get, but at the moment it is not too bad most of the time. I am 22 wks and it is bad 1st thing and last thing, cant take the weight of one leg (getting my legs in trousers), and rolling over in bed etc...
If you want to talk about it in more detail or you need to talk to someone just PM me :hug:

take care all

xx tigger xx

Oh god!! Rollingover in bed... it just wasnt worth it :( I thougth I was going to die!!

Sounds very much like SPD has your MW suggested a physio appt? Mine was very useful

Hi thanx tigger.

Mine isnt as bad as last pregnancy yet but i'm sure it will be. It started around 16-18 weeks I think last time and this time 8 weeks. It doesn't help that my daughter was 11lbs at birth so that added extra pressure so I have the worry of carrying another large baby and my pelvis giving up. When my sil was in hospital having her baby, there was somebody there with a broken pelvis....it really worries me. I dread walking playgroups some mornings as it's really bad and heavy.

P****d me off a bit coz I told a woman about it at playgroup and she said ''Oh it's just wind'' :shock: Bitch! She thinks she knows everything tbh but she's never had pelvic trouble so I wish she would just shut her trap! :roll:

Hi Ladies,

I am a newbie so hope I can join in the conversation. I really hope you havent got SPD as it is the worst thing ever. I suffer from it and this pregnancy have had it from 8 weeks and am already on crutches. I am quite sure that soon I will be on crutches, the pain is just unbearable. The best thing for it is rest, but not sitting for too long and avoiding separating your legs etc. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks girls, :pray: its not SPD and that it will wear off so I'll see if I can hang on until my 25week appointment with the MW and go from there.

I'm sorry some of you are suffering bad and hope it becomes a bit more bareable soon. :hug: :hug:

Tawandashmiso - You can join in at anytime hon :D . I'm sorry you have it so bad and pray it eases a bit for you, crutches? Oh you poor thing :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back