• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Struggling with boys names help!!!

Jaidy

Reaction score
My husband and I just cannot decide on any boys names...he either likes it and I hate it and vice versa!!

Any suggestions?

We like names that are a little bit less common, but not too unusual and it has to go with Zachary, and the sirname is Scadding.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Sorry - Don't have any suggestions but I am having trouble with boys names also yet girls names were quite easy to choose from!!! I have given up for a while as I got so fed up off looking.

Oscar
Oliver
Jasper
Skye
Francis
Benjiman
Jake
Joseph
Ashley
Antony
Alexander
Otis

Just a few there :D
My cousin likes the name: Biscuit :lol:

We liked Zachary and other names we considered were Austin, Rowan and Dominic :D

And my mystery name which is our pick this time (but not one I think you'd like anyway :wink: )

on our shortlist was

Andrew,
Antony
Daniel
Mathew
Benjamin (but OH hated this one)
Thomas (again, OH hated this one)
and Lewis

But they are all quite traditional names - not much help sorry. there are so many variations of names - how about picking something quite traditional and having a look at variations of it? :think:

We have decided on Lewis Antony.

Ive found it harder to think of boys names than girls names! i did with alice though. Ive got girls names comming out of my ear holes, but for some reason boys names are so much harder for us!!

Hi,

Congrats to you!!

I love

Harry
Jack
Oscar
Callum
Ellis
Jake

xxx

ever looked back over your family tree? Mine is pretty boring (londoners going back generations), but OH's is very intersting. His grandad was polish, his nans family where from wales. his dad side are english going back generations.

His grandad was called roman (well thats the shortened version of his name - the way the wrote it on his army papers and it stuck). we had real difficulty going any further back as its not easy/or cheap to get hold of polish papers.

Going back in his nans side there are some great names!

Trehan (which was used as both a first and last name)
Trellack (that isn't the correct spelling, but it has left me now.. This was also used as both a first and last name)
Benjamin
Sage
Henry
Alice (great name!) & Alicia
Olive

and loads more!!

The ancestry site where doing a free trial a while back - if it was inspiration you where after how about having a peek back through your history and see if anything grabs your eye - we found it quite easy to do. its just a matter of searching their census databases! we found out some really interesting stuff about Adams family.

I love the names;
Noah
Charlie
Freddie
If we were having a boy, my husband loved Woody! :rotfl:

Phoenix
Rudy
Oren
Jett
Pilot
Story
Roman
Rafferti
Blue
Jude
Xez
Umm, sorry our taste is a bit aquired, but that was our list :oops:

Ryans middle name is Zachary.

Our others main ones were Thomas and Ashley. His 2nd middle name is Nathanael as it's my OH's name but I think it goes ok with Zachary. The other bonus is that you could get away with a long additional name if you shortened Zachary to Zach, so you've got your pick of choices really :D

Had DD been a boy, she would've been Lewis David.

Perhaps consider that?
Sorry if it's no good, it's the only name I've liked for a boy.

Oh, I used to like Caleb Ryan too but DH hated it so it's definitely not a contender for a possible #2.

If Ruby had been a boy, he would have been Sol (Soloman). This was my Grandfathers name and my uncles name. Soloman David (my OH's name). Actually, King Soloman was the son of David, so that would have fitted a treat :D

We had soooooo much trouble finding a boys name we liked. Named our little boy Ashton. Its not common, but not uncommon enough to be unheard of.

Yep, I know I'm biased. :eek:

Have you got a short list yet or still completely stuck? I found the second child so much harder than the first, ds1 had his name (a choice for a boy and one for a girl) picked out from about 18 weeks but this time we didn't settle on ds2 until about 34 weeks! And we never managed to decide on a girl's name, it's a good thing he was a boy :lol:

My favourite boy's name is Jesse. I also like Reuben, Edward, Charlie, Jonathan... There are loads more but my mind's gone blank.

I love Wilfred too but it's not everyone's cup of tea (OH point blank refused to consider it but I think it's adorable!!!)

Last edited:
This was our boys list

Benjamin
Max
Lennox
Anthony
Owen
Liam

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.