Struggling to sleep because of stuffy nose

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by Flame, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

My lo keeps waking up cause he cat breath because of all the stuff in his nose, i have tried bulbing it out but it doesnt work very well are there any other things i could try doing?

His chest is really ruttly tonight to :(

2. clarem

clarem Active Member

Baby Karvol or vicks in the room? I am not sure on the ages you can use some of these products from but there are a few out there that can be uses either on the baby, on the sheet or infused through the room. Steam inhalation such as sitting in a steamy bathroom might help. Saline drops are another option that might help to loosen the mucous in the nose. Asda sell Nasosal (if you have a 24 hour Asda near by). We have used this on our little girl since she has only been a couple of weeks old and it has really helped her breathe more easily when she is very snotty.

3. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I have some nasosal but its not dry stuff up there its runny :?

I have given him some medised cause i think that is supposed to clear a stuffy/runny nose and it seems to have worked for now.

4. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Baby karvol helps mine, also the plug ins are really good. Medised tends to knock babies out aswell, it contains something that helps them sleep.

5. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I know great innit :D

6. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

DS had 4ml last night (spat out the first 1ml), slept for the longest he has in months (still not through though) :bored:

7. Fluffy Bunny

Fluffy Bunny Well-Known Member

Try an inhalation of 2drops of tea tree, eucalyptus and lavender put in a bowl of boiling water and placed on the floor under the moses basket or cot, it really helped when Evie was snuffly as a newborn. Also how about raising the head of the cot ith a couple of books under the feet, may help if little one is not laying completely flat.

:D