just a quick question

i dye my hair quite dark
but want to go back to my natural colour which is quite light
but i cant let my hair grow out because it looks minging when i do

ive heard that a hair dresser can strip the colour out of your hair
but wondered if this is true
and how much would it cost??

thankyou

umm personally i would use Jermone Russell hair lightener, much cheaper to do it yourself at home.... it kinda lightens your hair because its bleach, but it will get all the other colour out..

you can get stuff called pre-lightener - i think garnier was the one i used. it is suppsoed to remove all colour. It made my hair practically white! lol. So i immediately dyed it to the colour i wanted with normal dye afterwards (same day) as i was day-glo bright!

Yes a hairdresser can strip your hair but it often leaves it a strange colour after, Mum had it done and looked orange after the stripping process, she then went on to have it coloured more her natural colour, it looked great afterwards though and no re-growth roots kinda thing when it started growing out, now it just needs a trim now and again. I have no idea what it cost her though.

what id prob do is go somewhere like Salon Services (sassi) and buy the required stuff and do it at home.

have u got any hairdresser pals that can tell ya what products they use for stripping out colour? if so, find out what they are and buy them!
most of the bloomin cost is for the actual hairdresser to do the work!

it does go a funny colour when stripped, but then when u dye it to the lighter shade it will turn out gorgeous im sure. I used to work in a salon (not as an actual stylist lol) and the end result is usually really nice.

my OH dyes my hair at home and its gone fine so far! he clarts it on my forehead so looks like ive been in a massacre haha :rotfl:

and once again ive rambled lol. u see im at work and dont realise how much im typing!!

im pretending to work heeheehee :angel:

DON'T DO IT!!!!

If I were you I would get high lights and slowly build up to your natural colour. Or just use semi's for a while rather than perm-colours.

I got the colour stripped out of my hair a little while before my wedding and my head looked like a light bulb - I'm sure I glowed in the dark, ended up getting it coloured again after 36hrs as I was in tears at the state of my head!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back