• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stretching scar! Ouch!

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Just a moan here, sorry guys, any ideas to help would be appreciated. I have a key hole surgery scar just above my belly button, it was from an appendix op that i had in feb, just before we conceived in march so its still quite new. Up til now its not bothered me but the last couple of days its been really sore, and it looks like ive got a stretch mark starting on the edge of it. Ive been moisturising my bump every day but am having to moisturise my scar a few times a day to stop it itching and hurting. Is it worth mentioning to my consultant on tuesday or not bothering, its driving my nuts, feels like its going to split if i get any bigger. I know it wont but thats what it feels like! couldnt sleep last night because of it, and i couldnt get comfy, hubby bless him got up at 3am and made me a hot chocolate :dance: to help me sleep, which did help a bit, but this scar is driving me nuts!
Sorry for the rant its just really annoying me, anyone else had this kind of problem?
Lib
xxx

I'd mention to mw as she might have a suggestion as to what you can use on it.

Where I had my belly button pierced as a teenager has a stretchy type mark inbetween it (although I have plenty elsewhere too! lol)

Sorry that's not much help. Didn't want to read and run.

xxx

im being extra nosey in Tri 3 but came across this and i have been through similar.

I have a scar 1ft long across my tummy which stretched so bad in my last pregnancy and got really itchy!

i told my midwife and she started sweeps from 39 weeks. My consultant told me to take paracetamol which did zilch!

I would ask your MW incase they can offer you any advice but putting moistoriser on it regularly sounds good.
Although i can't offer any extra advice i can totally understand what it feels like :hugs:

aw hun you poor thing... cant offer much advice Im afraid. Are you moisturising with cream or oil? I find oil is better in general as it seems to last a bit longer so maybe give some oil a go instead?

i know how you feel... i have 4 huge scars on my stomach which have stretched beyond belief during this pregnancy. they are soooo itchy and it hurt like hell as bump got bigger and bigger. i have been using bio oil and it has been a godsend!! the stretching pains do stop though... and the scar tissue under the scar does start to give a bit more as the pregnancy progresses... or mine has anyhow.... xxxx

Aww thanks guys, have been using oil since yesterday and it just seems to be the same. Also noticed what look like little tiny blisters all over my scar and round my belly button, and its so itchy! Grr.. will mention it to my MW tho and see if she has any ideas... have gestational diabetes as well, do you think this may be enough to get them to do a sweep at 39 weeks?

i didnt have any blisters but the pain in my tummy/ scar went on through out so they did sweeps but eventually induced me 4 days later :)

I used Bio Oil and that seemed to help but as soon as its worn off, especially at night my pain would come back.

Simply because of the blisters i would phone the midwife as you may need some sort of cream prescribed if its getting that bad hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back