Oedema in bottom of bump?

Fly

Reaction score
My midwife pointed out i had a bit yesterday - she said its really common n not to worry about it but now i know its there of course its feeling uncomfortable and really numb and am having a totally irrational worry that cos it feels so numb and of where it is its sommat to do with me old c-section scar and and and :doh: :wall:

So just wondering if anyone else has got this?

It's right at the very bottom of my bump and feels kinda squishy and numb to touch and slightly uncomfortable?

my friend had this in the late stages of her pregnancy :( she said it wasnt very nice :hug: you got me looking at mine now ive noticed the bottom of my bump seems strange and a bit numb but ive been putting it down to my c section from last time :think: think i may have to get a mirror to have a good look later as i cant even see my belly button anymore :oops: failing that ive got the midwife coming in the morning xxxxxxxx

ave always had a bit of a saggy apron type thingy ever since the c-section rach don't know if you're the same hun? but this feels kinda different and clothes feel really uncomfortable over it :? goodluck with the midwife tomorrow :hug: x x x

yeah i have too hun i call it my apron lol my sis has 1 too from her section and hers has never gone :( mine def has been feeling different the last week or so but ive just put it down to babies lying funny and my old section etc cant wait any more am off upstairs to find a mirror will update in 5 lol xxx

i had it with Hannah and it got quite painful after a while but soon cleared up after i gave birth

ok im worried now :( wish i hadnt looked that close in the mirror my little apron now looks like a giant pear drop and the skin is puckered like a plucked chicken :? :? :? am so glad midwife is coming 2moro so i can ask her about it i think id best stop wearing the skimpy knickers too :oops: and dig out the big ones i bought maybe they will help by giving it some support will let you know what the MW says 2moro :hug: xxxxxxxxx

cheers for that Mary n hope your midwife can give you some answers tomorrow Rach! seems such a really strange place to get oedema :shock: and its so localised aswell - most odd - perfect excuse to spend all day tomorrow in me nightie i think :rotfl:

OOOH! I had this towards the end of my pregnancy. Midwife and Dr. said not to worry about it and that it was just pregnancy-related swelling and it would go once the baby arrived; which it did.

Keep an eye on other swelling though...legs/fingers/face/ankles/feet as obviously swelling can be a sign of pre-eclampsia.

Lucyx

hi hun seen midwife and all great but have oedema on the bottom of my bump which explains the funny shape and weird feeling lol like your midwife she said its absolutely nothing to worry about and should clear up quite quickly after ive had the babies and just suggested i wear nice big comfy pants to make sure its not hanging and has plenty of support :D xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back