Stress

calphurnia7

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much stress affects the baby? I am a big worrier and my job is starting to have a massive affect on me and sometimes I just cry and get so emotional and overworked up, I don't want to hurt the baby but I don't want to get signed off and let my team down, it's such a hard decision. :wall2:

Awwww hun, sorry your not feeling great. My work is stressing me out at times too but thankfully I finish on Tuesday.

Your lil one needs to be your priority so you've gotta do what's best for you and bubba. Get signed off if you need to but, if getting signed off will stress you out more because you'd feel bad for your colleagues, could you maybe ask your boss if they could review your duties? Perhaps you could be on light duties or have less responsibilities? Not sure how much help I've been but didn't want to read and run.

XX

I'm not sure to what extent stress effects a unborn baby, but I do know it can have an effect on them of some kind....they do pick up on our emotions. The less stress you suffer during pregnancy the better! If you feel you need a break from work, you should take the time needed!! Your priority is your baby right now, your team will manage. I have been off work on sick for past 4 weeks, just feeling stressed and ill, as our team was all re-organised and I was moved to a more stressful pressurised job despite expressing concerns to management!! I intend to take another 2 weeks, and I am so glad I have taken the time off to relax as I know it is the best thing for me and my baby girl!! Hope you feel better soon! xx

It's because our team is at 50% capacity right now, that does make it hard I guess I will take the weekend to heal and see where I stand on MOnday. I did pretyt much break down in tears at work today with a bloody snotty nose. Not really very professional.

awww poor you, that sounds horrible :(. Yeah take it easy over the weekend, and see how you feel then. But if your still feeling stressed and just not right, then really consider taking some time out. Or at least speak to your manager about how you are feeling, they might actually suggest you take time off, remember they have a duty of care over you. Take it easy xxx

I would say it affects the baby's emotions and feeling of wellbeing. Although that's just speculation on my part, the doctors when I was at hospital strongly hinted that stress could be a factor in why I was experiencing reduced movement.
Can I underline there that my baby was perfectly healthy however I had not been experiencing as much movement. I think it was because of the stress I had at work, but since I've been off this week I've had a major little wriggler.

Do what you think is best for your baby, your team will understand xx

:hug:
Sorry your having a hard time xx

I did alot of research on this when pg & yes it is very bad for baby. Please try & not get as stressed. There is various techniques you can use - try meditation also. If you cant stop, i'd see the doc.

I dont normally stop into Tri 3 but this is a subject close to my heart, due to one of my friends, i wont go into details but please ladies. Try not to get so stressed, its only 9 months!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks I am feeling a lot better and I will try not to worry as much. I think the baby kicks less because it feels my stress so I need to be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back