strechmarks!!

cherelle

Reaction score
Well after smothering myself with bio oil for this entire pregnancy i was checking out my bump in the mirror this morning and i discovered a purplish stretchmark on each side of my bump quite down low at the front.

Im absolutely GUTTED! Im not a person who stresses much about anything and it takes a lot to phase me but ive just burst out crying at the state of my belly :-( I feel like i can work out get back to looking slim afterwards but now i will always hate my stomach and have to hide it forever!

They arent too bad atm - its just the colour of them i hate! Theres nothing i can do now is there?? x:mad:

The colour will fade though remember, they'll not stay purple, they'll go to a virtually invisible silvery colour.

really? Ive never had any before so i dont know what happens with them, do they fade over time then? x

i dont think there is anything you can do about stretch marks in general hun
if your going to get em then you are going to get em im afraid no matter how much water you drink and cream you rub in

All you can do is keep applying your cream and drinking plenty and hope to keep them to a minimum and make them fade away after the birth

try not to stress tho hun, i got them all over my hips when I was a teenager and I was disgusted with it, but it didnt take long for them to fade, they are still there now but just look like light bits of skin that no one even notices, so dont get yourself worried about it :)

I had some at the bottom of my bump below my belly button and some at the side (I think I got off pretty lucky really) and theyre basically invisible now :) try not to worry about them. Think of them as mummy marks. They fade pretty quick.

thanks girls, i cant believe its upset me so much! Youve made me feel a better x

Yeah they'll just fade to silvery lines you'll probably not even notice - you've been dead lucky to just get two :D

I'm not to bad for them to be honest

But I did get them
With my first n they fade, I just look at them as a sign I've got a gorgeous little boy, x

Mine were more on my butt x

i didnt get any till after the pregnancy wi my first then they all showed up:( like they say tho its a white kind of invisible mark.... and this time its the same marks that have still came up im lucky tho as they stayed a clear colour not purple... Par of pregnancy hun, they will fade dnt worry x

Hey, I understand you get them or you don't regardless of how much oil you rub on to your skin... I moisturise sometimes, but am not coating myself in cream every day. They fade with time I understand anyway, do they not?

x

I think it doesn't help if they start at this stage because you think you're all in the clear. Just keep making sure you moisturise lots. They definitely fade. xx

I started off with 5 purple dots in a line on each hip at about 25 weeks, now they're small purple lines. It looks like someone has scratched my hips! None on my bump yet though so I have my fingers crossed they'll stick to my hips!

I have silvery ones from growing up that I hardly notice so i'm sure yours will fade just the same x

i luckily at the moment dont have any at all on bump.

my bum and thighs however in my opinion are disgusting and are covered. everyone has said though that as my legs were so small and solid before thats why and that they will fade.

i just keep coating myself in stretch mark cream, oil and body butter. i was getting really down about it but not alot you can really do hun.

your beautiful and your beautiful boy is just leaving you with a little mark or 2 so you never forget how you carried and protected him for 9 months. xxx

Omg I had that too... it upset me and I cried too. But they arnt so bad at the.moment. where.my skin isn't so stretched.they dont look half as bad and bright purply red!! Dont worry hun. I am in same.boat. most of.it.goes under.the knickers.line x x

Keep applying the Bio Oil after baby has arrived as it helps fade them more quickly. They do fade to a silvery colour & they are there for a reason - your beautiful baby! I have a slight overhang of skin where it was stretched by my first pregnancy & I hated that for a long time. But I'm not one for cosmetic surgery & just accept the fact that every woman who is TTC or unable to have children, would probably give anything to have stretchmarks & a bit of saggy skin due to having a baby!
Try to look at the positives hun.

Sunnyb xxx

I don't have any on my bump yet but have them all over one of my boobs (not sure why one and not the other?) Will they fade like marks you would get on bump? Really hate them because it's the part of my boob that would be on show in any slightly low cut top! xx

thanks for all your lovely answers girls x

get coco butter for stretchmarks... beside I've my friend's stretchmarks haven't gone yet till now but you hardly see it...keep apply oil and cream!

I was upset about this too Hun I religiously applied cream during pregnancy and didn't have any stretch marks but once I'd given birth I discovered quite a few on my tummy! As others have said I'm going to keep using the cream and hope they fade. I have some on my hips from before and they are hardly noticeable so I'm hoping these go like that! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back