Strange question

mrsH2009

Reaction score
Strange question I know but has anyone ever had an item of jewerally changed into something else

I'm not really explaining myself very well so let me explain when I wad 18 my nan's next door neighbour ( she didn't have children of her own) gave me an opal ring of hers as it's my birth stone! It's very garish a big oval opal with 10 little black stones around the edge! I have never worn it but was wondering if I could have the black stones taken off, the opal changed to a landscape position and a simple band put on it!

I totally forgot about it and just found it in my jewerally box, it seems such a shame that she gave me it before she died but it's just sat there collecting dust! I doubt it's worth much, just sentimental value!

yeah Im pretty sure you can do that...my Gran had her wedding ring changed to a necklace cos she had problems with recurrent swelling hands and was advised not to wear any jewelery on her wrists and fingers. SO she got her wedding ring cut into 2 small interlinking rings that she wore on a simple gold chain as a necklace. It might cost you though...but it would be unique!

Oh yes absolutely!! Just before Christmas I got a diamond and ruby ring taken apart and made into earrings for my mum. It did cost a bit, but that was more to do with the price of gold at the moment. I just found a small independent jeweller who has his own workshop and was able to do exactly what I asked, and gave good advice about what would work and what wouldn't!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back