• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strange but true

MrsR

Reaction score
Well we took DD swimming today and we deliberatly didn't take her arm bands as I'm ashamed to admit that at 5 nearly 6 she can't swim. We're attempting to teach her. Anyway the strange thing we discovered today is; Summer can swim wonderfully UNDER the water but really struggles to stay on top! I know babies have this abity but I've never heard of it in a child of her age! Was wondering what can you're children do that's strange?

Why ashamed to admit that? :D Some adults can't swim! I use to as a LO go to swimming lessons with other kids in town ...it was kind of fun.

I can't think of anything strange my daughter does off the top of my head though

x

It's ok not to swim yet, but make sure she learnes.

Sounds like she is one cool swimmer!!! Under water is great and if shes happy to be under there i would say that she is way ahead of her peers. This is how my daughter started and she has just done her 400m - she is 7 - 8 in june and can swim 300m more than my son who is 9 and hates going under! They are all different just take her more and more and let her swim how she chooses to start with - she is still young for lessons.

i dont think u need to feel ashamed that u 5yers cant swin the most importmant thing is that u are doing it now and she is even great underwater which is so cool. my son who is just coming up yo 5 in may is swinning a bit love going under water and sometimes i am worrying thinking pls come up but he just comes back up with a big grin and laugh

Helen, my 11 year old can still only swim under the water! he is a skinney smal thing, so wasn't sure his arms were doing anything useful to stay afloat! He got his 10 metres badge two years ago under the water!!! They let him in the end as he was working for it fokr so long.

My 9 year old looks like he has just cracked it finally, but only with front crawl
My 8 year old girl has no idea!! has no confidence, but we are working on it

Keep going X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back