• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stocking up :)

Princess81

Reaction score
So I have finally felt brave enough to buy some stuff for the baby :)
Sainsburys has buy one get one free on huggies economy bumper packs (57 nappies) so I got 4 of those. I joined asda baby club and used my coupon today to get free huggies new born nappies, wipes and a wee hat :good:
Also the little angels range has got all 2 for £2 so I now have baby shampoo, bubblebath, talc, baby lotion, nappy cream and cotton wool balls :) also got a box of 6 packs of wipes :)
Baby's nursery is starting to look like an actual nursery and not my spare room :good: and I didn't pay full price for any of it :yay:

Can't wait to buy things but I'm a bit scared! Maybe wen I get to 16 weeks (just over 2 weeks) il take the plunge! I it irrational to be this scared?! Bet ul be buying all sorts now! X

Sainsburys got buy 1 get 2 free on huggies wipes ( best wipes in the world)

Yay for stocking up! Exciting! U wait to u start buy clothes, you will wash them, fold them, organise them 100 times n sometimes just sit n watch them :cloud9:

Awwwww :love: for some reason I can't pluck up the courage to buy any clothes :oooo: I don't know if it's because we are team yellow so I don't know what clothes I should be looking at :eh:
Princess (feels storage calling someone else that :lol: ) I have only just worked up to it, do it in your own time. Gives a proper buzz :) x

Haha i will take the plunge soon then there will be twice as much fun buying double the stuff!!x

Awwww u will be given loads of lime n yellow Haha bless your little fi

One !

princess i bought looooads of neutral and NOT ONE THING got worn lmao, my mum went straight out and spent a fortune on pink clothes, boots, beret hats the whole works lmao xxx

i bought maybe 30/40 packs of wipes while preg and i went thru them soooooooooooooo quick!! i also bought 3 cartons of formula (everyone recommended aptamil so went with that but knew i cud change unopened packets in asda anyway lol) but wish i bought way more xx

Only thing I have so far is a moses basket for him :oops: oh and a warm all in one coat thing that I brought my other 3 boys home in from the hospital and I'm gonna bring him home in it too :D

Last edited:
Ive started stocking up on nappies, milk and wipes too plus a few outfits but everything is summery at the moment so im waiting for the winter things to come out (so i say!)
I did this with Adam and it was great, we had everything we needed in the cupboard but we did run out quick. One tip, dont buy to many size 1 nappies, i bought packs and packs with Adam and ended up giving quite a few packs away x x

No I think I only have 2 packs of size one nappies, all the rest are for bigger babies. I must get the huggies wipes sorted tomorrow then. I'm hoping to breastfeed so was going to hold off with formula in case I don't need it :eh: my mum told me how quickly it'll run out lol

A friend gave me lots of size 1 nappies she didn't need now her baby is 3 months old, then my mum said she got a bogof deal at Boots so bought some too. We have nothing else like that yet but we ordered our buggy from M&P :)

Thats excellent that your grabbing the bargains while you can, thats defo the best way to do it.

I agree with M2A dont stock up too much on nappies, you'd be suprised at how quickly they go through the different nappy sizes, I remember my wee girl only being in one size for 2/3 weeks. Oh and some nappy brands might irritate babies skin, so best not 2 buy 2 much of the same brand.

Tesco were doing all their Johnsons baby stuff at £1 last time I was in. And I think they've still got offers on alot of Avent stuff.

:)

Wow, Iv not bought one thing! Aw princess I cant wait to find out what ur having :love: xx

Ive been buying bits each time i go in the shops :)
Have talc, cotton balls, bathwash, wipes, sudocreme, vaseline and loads more :)

ooooh huge tip is (i was given this tip and ignored it till madison was 8 months - huge mistake)

VASELINE for bums - honestly miracle cream and as its only petroleum jelly u can use it every nappy as a barrier, my friend swore by it her 3 kids NEVER had a rash and she used it from birth, madison didnt get a rash till bout 8 months then it lasted bout 3/4 months, blisters bleeding raw the lot, steroid creams hurt her like hell but cured it for a day as soon i used sudocrem,bepanthem,metonium loads of other creams straight back, i eventually tried vaseline and at 17 months thru teething and everything not one rash since! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back