Stitch is OUT!!

KateQPR

Reaction score
Well, finally had my cervical stitch removed this morning. Had to go to the labour room, and they explained they'd have a look at stitch, but i would prob need pain relief, so had gas and air on tap, but may need a spinal block if it hurt too much (the stitich is like a purse string when it's pulled - about five stitches in a circle...)

Anyway, i've been practising natal hypnotherapy these last few months in a bid to be as relaxed as possible for the birth (i'm hoping for a water birth in the natural birth centre), so thought i'd try the removal without pain relief first.

The midwife and doc kept saying 'use the gas and air, use the gas and air now, ...' but i managed to get through it all with just deep breathes and concentrating on being calm and watching the sky. it was brilliant - bloody hurt but managed it.

I know it's a small thing, but i feel so relieved it actually worked for me. You spend months listening to a cd and practising your breathing but have no idea if it actually works! So now feel a bit more confident that the techniques should help me a bit. Plus the midwives were so lovely, plus showed me round the birth centre rooms which are just gorgeous. Just have to hope i now have no further complications.

Thanks for the kind words before.

Now it's time for lots of long walks, reflexology, pineapple.......Go baby!

XXX

yay im so glad it all went well :)

& well done u for going without pain relief!!!! xxxx

So it does work then this hypnotherapy!! I might have to have alook into this so many people have recommended it now!!!

Anyways I hope baby get moving now and you dont have to wait too long!!! :cheer:

xxx

Oh it's def worth a try!

I bought the 'preparation for birth' CD from natalhypnotherapy.co.uk, and it's really helped relaxed me, which the midwife was saying today is so much of the problem with labour - being frightened and anxious just compounds the pain. I'd def recommend getting it and letting yourself relax as much as possible. I figure even if i end up not having a natural birth, at least it will help me relax if things change etc.

Kate I might be a little dim :oops: but there seems like loads, what one did you buy?

x

It was the Preparation for Birth Cd (about £12) from http://natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/

You don't need to do a course with this, so it's cheap and so far i've found it really effective.

There is also Hypnobirth, but you're meant to go on a course, and i found it a bit 'american' and cheesy (the woman's voice was a bit much!!)

wow Kate. I remember how much worry there was with all the issues before you had the stitch put in, and to think she's going to be here in no time at all!

Good luck for labour and birth hun :)

Well done! Sounds like you did brilliantly. So pleased you're feeling positive and all went well. Do they think baby is more likely to be early now that the stitch is out?

Well done on breathing through the pain - I'm doing the same hypnotherapy CD as you, so it's good to know that you think it actually helps. Though I've only been managing it about once a week so far and most of the time I drift off before it gets to the end... :doh: From now on I'm going to make an extra special effort to do it more often (and stay awake!).

Can't believe you're 37 weeks now - I remember you having the stitch put in and it really doesn't feel that long ago...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back