Still scared about telling people!

KittiKim

Reaction score
So I'm now Tri 2, I've had two perfectly good scans yet I'm still worried that by telling people I'm cursing it or something, I know it probably sounds insane but I'm so nervous about everyone knowing- did anyone else feel like this :?

It natural to worry - I felt the same, it does get easier the more people you tell though :hug:

This is the way I have looked at things....

In general I am really suspersticious, I wont walk under ladders, I salute magpies, wont put an umbrella up in the house - etc etc!

However, I absolutely refuse to listen or think any negative things about my pregnancy, inc adhering to any pregnancy superstitions - If I hadnt have made myself think this way I wouldnt have coped at all!

I did wait until my 12 week scan before telling people, but after that I have never looked back!

Its so hard not to worry I know :hug:

I think the best advice I was given when I was keeping my pregnancy a secret ( I lost a baby at 17 weeks and was terrified if it happening again) was 'if' something did happen having friends and family around for support is very important and very much needed. I was making myself feel even worse keeping it from people that when I finally told a friend and then decided to tell my parents and a few other close friends I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. But thats just my experience and we all deal with things differently.

Do what ever feels comfortable Kittikim, maybe confide in a close friend/family member and see what they think? :hug:

Agree with you all girls, I'm really excited so maybe as soon as I start telling people I'll feel a lot better. Thanks for the advice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back