Still no flutters! :-(

LittleCherub

Reaction score
Im into week 17 now, and altho I keep feeling sudden bouts of pressure every now and then, which im convinced that is the baby doing something in there, I havent had a flutter!! (seems to be when Im leaning over i feel the pressure!). I really want to feel the kicks. My OH put his hand over my tummy the yesterday morning and was convinced he could feel movements...but I couldnt!! I cant remember how far on I was with our first little one but I really want to feel the flutters now when Im reading a lot of others are already. Anyone have any tips? I tried hot baths and also read someone suggested fizzy pop but I cant stand it lol !! x

I tried that yes, I could see like a pulse in my lower tummy but not sure if thats all it was or if it is movements but I know I couldnt feel anything. I think after getting our scan done I just want to move onto the next stage now of feeling baby move around. Think I need to learn to be a little less impatient!! :wink: x

Or try drinking ice cold water, that normally shocks them intio a little movement. Hope you start to feel some movement soon.

With my first pregnancy I was gutted as my OH never felt our baby move, he saw my belly moving, but never felt her kicking, I'm hoping this time round he might feel something.

Good luck

I think it's just a bit of a waiting game.

I was feeling pressure for a while, like Whitey was leaning on my womb with it's elbow. I've been feeling flutters for a couple of weeks now but wasn't expecting anything until at least 20 weeks.

I never actually felt flutters. I felt pops and a shifting movement. Everyone feels their LO differently hun so don't worry :hug:

Hey hun, im nearly 24 weeks and apart from the odd 'popping' recently i had felt nothing, its only since the weekend i have started to feel this 'popping' which is obviously kicks so i wouldnt worry too much :)

You're not alone in playing the waiting game Honey so don't worry. I've not felt anything yet and I'm coming up to 19wks, midwife was using the doppler at my 18wk check last week and baby booted the doppler - obviously didn't like where she was poking it lol she was surprised I never felt it. I'm guessing I have too much tummy to feel it just yet - tis like having a bubble-wrapped baby!

Don't worry!

Sarah xxx

CH0C0H0LIC said:
midwife was using the doppler at my 18wk check last week and baby booted the doppler - obviously didn't like where she was poking it lol she was surprised I never felt it.

I was using a dopler yesterday and when I'd finished I could feel the baby moving loads. It was going a bit mental. I don't think it liked it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back