• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sterilising question

Dustbunny

Reaction score
Not sure whether I'm asking a stupid question here but today we bought a tommee tippee explora teething toy. The pack says not suitable for boiling, steam/microwave sterilising or submerging in water which kind rules out any form of sterilisation surely?

Am I wrong thinking everything that goes in their mouth should be sterilised?

You could cold water sterilise it and put it in tge fridge x

i buy the tablets and put teethers and dummies etc in hot water with a sterilising tablet for 30 mins - sold in tesco etc really cheap - i think less than a pound for about 60 tabs, i made the mistake of putting a teether in the steriliser, it went all mishaped and dodgy i ended up throwing it away!

Ha, I did that cause my MUM was tutting about me not sterlising it, when I had a hunch they couldn't go in and after it came out the sterliser looked like the dog had had a party with it x

I have milton tablets for cold water sterilising but surely that would be submersing it in water which it says dont do :confused:

I thought it was because of how hot the sterilisers get? Might be wrong but mine have all been fine just using the tablets and water. Xx

I would just use fluid and cold water, i use tommiee tippeee its cheap and you only need a cap full and only takes 15 minutes where as others take 30 minutes xx

Thanks everyone gonna give cold water sterilising a go, sure it can't do much damage, hopefully lol.

You can buy wipes from mothercare which can be used to sterilize teats, teathers and dummies.

I always did mine in cold water! Well, bar the time I put one in the steam steriliser :lol: does it say if it's dishwasher safe? Cos you can use them to sterilise too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back