Starting pre-school

Iggle20

Reaction score
What age did your LO start pre-school?
Did you do anything to prepare or were they already with childminders/creche's etc and didn't seem to notice the transition?
How did they settle etc?
LO starts soon and I'm sure it will be fine but still us mummies worry!

It will probably hurt you more than him chick. Once he see all the stuff that is out to play with sand water ride on tractors he will be off like a shot. He may want you to stay with him for a while till he gets his bearings. They soon make friends and get really upset on non play school days :lol:

Aimee started last September when she was 2 years and 9 months. She had never been to a childminder or a creche at all and she settled in fine, in fact she couldn't wait to get away from me. Upsets me a bit that she doesn't give me a second though but its best. Nathan on the other hand is due to start in September at 2 years and 7 months and there's no way I'm putting him in then. He never leaves my side and would be traumatized!

Lydia started nursery 3 weeks ago, and she's never been to a childminder or nursery or creche before. She settled in just fine straight away. No problems whatsoever.

Thanks ladies, I'm sure LO starting will be harder on me than him!! LOL

DD Lauren will start pre-school in September, where she will be 2 years 7 mos.

Aaron started when he turned 3. He has never been to a childminder etc and he settled fine. He loves it! I started him 2 mornings a week and now he goes 4 until the tuesday morning place comes up.

Ewan started 2 yrs 9months he was still in nappies, i stayed with him for the first week, but then he seemed to settle in quite well. Did have a period where him and another boy were winding each other up, playgroup werent bothered but the mum of the other boy was accusing Ewan of bullying. Luckily playgroup handled it very well.
He loves it now - he does 3 mornings and a special pre school morning as he starts school in sept!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back