Starting own business- Doing what???? Help

chickadee1976

Reaction score
me and Brian would like to start up our own business but dont know what to do.

Im a book keeper, but am planning on child minding after Xmas.
Brian is a bench joiner, we thought about this but he needs so many machines start up costs are unreal.

Anyone know of something we could do a franchise or something maybe, we really arent sure

what about a costa coffee francise or something? or is that too big?

hubby and I have just started our own business - an online auction site a bit like swoop/telebid (only different). It launches in December.
We got the idea after DH blew £500 trying to win a ps3 on telebid the silly gimp! so we thought, if we can't beat em, join em lol.

There are tons of ideas out there hun. What interests you? What do you think you would be good at? Gotta be something you're interested in otherwise you probably won't succeed in it - just like studying subjects at school :wink:

The possibilities are endless........

I am hoping to have my own business in the future and would ideally like a small furniture shop, or even an underwear shop.

Alternatively we are looking at leasing an Inn/Pub in the Cotswolds and running it together.

We have just returned from a year in France where we hoped to turn our large property over there into a training/conference centre - but our house in the UK never sold - so we didnt have the money to invest :cry: !

I personally dont think its the best time to start any consumer based business at the moment (not my shop ideas anyway) - and Im planning now on what to do in approx 2 years time as it can take that long to plan.

Have a look at Franchise Direct (google it) and you will find so many ideas......

Lots of luck with it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back