Start of a miscarraige?

Louloubelle84

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a first time expectant mother and have never posted on a forum before so I do apologise if I am posting this in the wrong section.

I am approx. 10 weeks pregnant and last night I took a gym class for the first time since finding out I am expecting. Today I have got lower stomach cramps and back ache and I'm petrified this is the start of a miscarriage. I am not bleeding however the cramping is stronger than I have had before (I experienced cramping at the very early stages of pregnancy). My backache is also more severe than before.

I have read that it is ok to exercise during pregnancy and whilst I did not push myself hard in the class, I am worried this has brought on a miscarriage. The cramping is more down one side.

I would be most grateful is someone could please offer me advice as to whether these cramps and backache are very early signs of a miscarriage? And then bleeding will soon follow? I have not told many people about this pregnancy so I have no one else to talk to.

Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated as I'm quite scared about this.

Many thanks

Hi there,

Firstly Im not a midwife so I cant say for sure what is happening with you but I have had a miscarriage myself at 10 weeks. I dont know if everyones experience is defferent but for me there was no pain initially, no cramps or backache, I had no idea that my baby had died. I bled, small amounts for about a week before my miscarriage occured

Once the actual miscarriage starts you will know that its happening and it is not a nice experience. severe cramps and backache. I dont want to scare you but I would suggest that you contact your midwife or Doctor or go to the hospital and see if you can be scanned just to see if everything is ok. The worry of what might be will be no good for you or the baby.

Hopefully what you are feeling is just your body stretching to accomodate your growing baby, some pain is natural whilst you are carrying a baby, its not always a bed of roses like some people make out but the only way you can be sure that things are ok is to have a scan. Take it easy and rest for a few days.

Hope eveything is ok

AngelD
xxx

Hi, I would have to agree with Angel. I have suffered 5 miscarriages (my most recent last Tuesday) and I did not have any pain until Tuesday later in the day. It started with a bit of bleeding and then the pain started.

You may have pulled something while at the gym so speak with your midwife or the hospital and try not to worry. I would say it is unlikely that you are about to miscarry. They say that if you start to bleed heavy and it is bright red with pain then you need to get seen.

Good luck hon x

Hi ladies, firstly I am sorry to hear about your losses and thank you kindly for finding the time to reply.

Your comments and advice have put my mind at ease a little. My back ache is more significant now compared to the stomach cramps so perhaps I did pull a muscle at the gym class? I have had cramps before but they hve never lasted this long. I have had the cramps and back ache for about 8hours now. I will rest for a few days and pray everything will be ok.

Thanks again ladies, your support and advice means a lot. Xxx

Hope all is ok Louloubelle. if in doubt, go for a scan, your mind can be put at rest. Keep us posted on how you are xxx

Ah sorry to hear you are worried xx exercise does not cause miscarriage but def avoid high impact sports like netball, football etc i was doing Zumba and running until second tri and did have concerns that exercise might go against a healthy pregnancy.

If you are really worried you could go to your EPU at the hospital for an early scan. Your body is going through a lot of changes and making room so it could just be pregnancy aches and pains xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back