Spotty cheeks

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Just a quickie

My little girl is 3 weeks and has started to get a little spotty on her cheeks, and a tiny bit gunky in her eyes..... Is this normal.

Thank u in advance
X

I would ask your health visitor or doc to be honest, when they are that young its always better to check. Could be thrush or an infection of some sort but best call for advice xxx

baby acne! Dont worry about it its normal when they get to a few weeks old (3-5) as the hormones change etc.

baby acne! Dont worry about it its normal when they get to a few weeks old (3-5) as the hormones change etc.

Yep probably this or milk spots, Emily had it and still gets little spots, she's got really sensitive skin. I asked my mw and she just said it was normal

X

Totally normal as already said. Wash skin with plain water and you could use olive oil x.

Thanks ladies..... I wish I knew these things but just don't!

Xx

we didn;t know either :) its only once youve gone through it all (and then by next time Ill prob have forgotten!)
We had the same but they became infected and it was very bad. we were just unlucky cos we both had caught mrsa at the hosp-because of my section i reckon! So do get them checked with you mw or hv just so they are not infected hon. but normal little milk spots are very common. xx

Ooh I'm not Sure then. They are all on her cheeks forehead and neck,... Just like acne but it has got worse but doesn't seem to be bothering her. Just looks really spotty.

I've been discharged from mw now but health visitor comes wed So will check with her.

Just can't help but worry
X

Ooh I'm not Sure then. They are all on her cheeks forehead and neck,... Just like acne but it has got worse but doesn't seem to be bothering her. Just looks really spotty.

I've been discharged from mw now but health visitor comes wed So will check with her.

Just can't help but worry
X

could be heat rash! i've been agonising whether to call my hv as flynn has what looks like heat rash on his cheeks and tummy, he isn't bothred by it at all and is completely his normal self so i'm not to worried! it also seems so fade when it gets exposed to cold air! so if it soulds like that it could be heat rash too!

It does look worse at diff tines of the day, and Jessica is not bothered by it at all. But it does just look like acne.... Hv comes wed so will see wt she says then.... Just looks a bit of a mess and has got worse all on her face n neck, poor little thing!!!

Its even kind of around her eyes, just wish I cd do something but other than keep it clean I'm not sure I can help her
X

ah its so horrid when you can't do much to help them. hope she is clearing up a bit? HV coming tomorrow? xx

Georgie had what looked to me like heat rash on her face at a few weeks old - it just came out of no where and got worse (tiny little pin prick spots) so I called nhs direct they sent me to an emergency doc just to get her checked over as a precaution due to her being so young.

Felt like a right fool when they said it was just her skin changing and starting to make oils and was totally normal - I don't remember Mitchell having it lol they were brill tho and said any rash should be checked in babies so young.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back