Spotting....

one4three

Reaction score
Hi girls, Im hopefully worrying over nothing but since y'day I have seen a little blood...

I had a m/c last october so the slightest of blood has made me so worried, Im over 14 weeks and had my 12week scan on Monday and baby was perfect, then y'day morning when i went toilet I noticed sum blood when i wiped as there was nothing in my underwear I tried not to worry and had no other signs of blood untill about 7o'clock last nite there was a tinnnyyy bit of blood in my underwear & when i wiped, so i rang NHS Direct & spoke 2 someone who told me it shouldn't be anything to worry about as i am having no cramps ect...So anyway I put a panty liner in my underwear so i cud see if anything more was to come out, when i woke up this morning i checked myself and there was no sign on blood untill I wiped...and its been like this all day with nothing appearing in my underwear.

I spoke to my doctor and he said that its pretty common for women to bleed around 4,8 & 12 weeks (hence why sum women dont realise they are pregnant till around 3 months) as we can have light periods which is jus the part of the womb which the baby isnt using sheeding its lining? My doctor has also put me in for a scan 2morro for my peice of mind, so fingers crossed everything is ok!!!

Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you!!

Hi, I know how you feel...I had this at about 6 weeks and also having had a previous MC and taking so long to conceive the sight of blood sent me CRAZY!!! I called NHS direct too and got an emergancy scan and all was fine and Im now at 20 weeks but it hasnt been easy after that I was literally checking myself manically everytime i went to the loo! :oops:

But exactly like you it was only ever there when i wiped and was a sort of brown colour which im told means its old blood. I know you will worry anyway but i'd say as you've made it to your 12 week scan its really nothing to worry about just the shedding of the lining or old blood coming out. Try to relax and think of seeing your baby again tommorow which should cheer you up! XXX

I am one of those women you are referring to that didn't know they were pregnant until nearly 3 months and it was for this reason!

The last time I bled I think was about 12 weeks, and everything is fine now. :)

Let us know how your scan goes hun, hope all is ok xx

i had this too, about the same time as well. and everything is fine with baby :D

try not to worry and mention it to MW

Thanks for the quick replys, Its really put my mind at ease knowing other people have had the same experiance. I think i've just always thought pregnancy = no bleeding!!

The blood seems 2 have dissapeared now when i wipe, but im sure ill see more later 2nite as it dissapeared for most of the day y'day...Can't wait till 2morro 2 put my mind at ease!

:)

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :hug:

Good luck for tomorrow :pray:

Hi Hun,

I had tiny bleeds like you described at 12, 16 and 24 weeks (they all co-insided with when my period would have been). I really panicked and went to the early preg unit at my maternity wing, they did internals and everything was fine.

Try not to get too constipated as that can cause bleeds as well apparently and try not to worry (hard I know).

xx

Hope your scan goes well tomorrow :hug: I'm sure your LO will be fine :)

Thanks everyone.

Yeah its very hard not to worry, guna catch a early nites sleep and go straight 2 EPU. I've not had any spottin for a couple hrs now so am hoping everything is normal..

Its so re-asuring knowing other women have had the same kinda thing, i just didn't realise it was so common to bleed!!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow hun, I am sure that everything will be ok and it will be good to see LO again :D

Xxx

I haven't personally bled at all during this pregnancy so I feel a bit of a cheek to post here - but I just wanted to say that it does sound normal! It's great that your doc has been so understanding to fit you in for your own piece of mind.

AND you get to see bubs another time :cheer:

Hope all goes well tomorrow :hug: I'm sure it will xx

I know how scared you are but try not too worry, very light spotting on its own is rarely anything to worry about. It's worrying when the blood is bright red with clots and cramps and hey I had the bright red pouring blood like changing every 5 mins with big clots and lots of cramping and my daughter was born healthy at full term and is now 2 years old so there is even hope when it's heavy bleeding. Try and rest and look forward to your extra scan when i'm sure baby will be fine.

:hug:

Thanks for all your responses xxxx :hug:

Well, I went 2 my early pregnancy unit this morning & instead of giving me a scan the nurse listend into the heart beat & everything is fine!! Unfortunatly didnt get 2 see the bubba but hearing the heart beat was enough <3

Shes told me not panic at the sight of blood (easier said than dun unfortunatly!) & so long as i have no crampin ect im fine and its perfectly normal!

Ahhh im so relived! Oh and the spotting has completly dissapeared!! :)

Oh great news and hearing the heartbeats is still a great achievment and shows its all ok! I still panic im gonna get more spotting but havent had any since so I think you may be over it now if its stopping, its not wasy is it! hope you can relax for the rest of the time until your next scan (only 6 weeks and trust me it flies i have my 20 week scan monday and never thought i'd make it the 12 week one seems like yesterday!) XX

awsome! hearting the heartbeat at 14 odd weeks is excellent! too late to reply but i hada tiny bleed at about 17 weeks and it was all fine

one4three said:
Thanks for all your responses xxxx :hug:

Well, I went 2 my early pregnancy unit this morning & instead of giving me a scan the nurse listend into the heart beat & everything is fine!! Unfortunatly didnt get 2 see the bubba but hearing the heart beat was enough <3

Shes told me not panic at the sight of blood (easier said than dun unfortunatly!) & so long as i have no crampin ect im fine and its perfectly normal!

Ahhh im so relived! Oh and the spotting has completly dissapeared!! :)
That's excellent news!!! I'm really pleased for you :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back