• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

spotting possible tmi updated again with sad news

franky

Reaction score
I went to the toilet this morning and wiped and there was the usual cm but it was slightly brown.. like it is when you are at the very end of your af. I have read that this can happen when there is old af blood lying about and it can move down.

It has happened 3 more times today always slightly brown but its been very very light brown.It has not been pink at all

I got my doppler out and can still hear the heartbeat but it has moved, it moved from the right hand side to nearer the centre.

so what i am thinking is that my little nut moved and it dislodged some old blood or do you think i am filling my head with false hope?
please all keep your fingers crossed for me :pray:

Update Friday. 8.30

had a bit of pink spotting last night with red bits :( phoned the mw and waiting on a call back for a scan at the epu :pray:
i am so worried, i didnt sleep very good either :(

Update 2

Sadly lost baby nut at 9 weeks 5 dayys. no heartbeat detected at scan. Baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks :(

I think its probably just old blood hun.
Apparently its very common to bleed in pregnancy, and as long as its not painful and you don't cramp and have bright red blood and no clots, there is usually nothing to worry about.

If you've been more active than normal, that can cause you to lose old blood, even something as simple as a bit of extra housework, or walking a bit more than normal.

The most important thing though is that you've found your baby's heartbeat.

When I was 13 weeks in my last pregnancy I went to the gym and had a bit of a bleed, but found the heartbeat. I phoned the EPU because I wasn't booked in yet, and they said as long as I'd heard the heartbeat it would be ok, but to rest overnight and see how things were in the morning.

Perhaps you could ring your MW for reassurance, but if its brown pain free bleeding, there's usually nothing to worry about.

thanks for replying!

i have a mw appointment on sat so might see how things go until then and speak to her about it then

Sounds like your little one could've knocked something whilst jigging around inside you. Brown, old blood isn't a cause for concern, it's fresh blood you need to be wary of.

Give your m/w a call if you're unsure but i think as you're still picking up a heartbeat all will be well.

:hug:

I had a blighted ovum and my blood was pink, not brown so it does sound like old blood. It has happened to me mid cycle and the Dr said it's common for some old blood to get stuck and can come away mid month, or during pregnancy like you. :hug:

i would be confident all is well as youve heard the heartbeat still :hug: xx

My thoughts are with you, Franky. I am hoping you get a scan nice and quickly to set your mind at rest.

Hi franky

For me spotting started in week 5. Started to have it only in the mornings and only when I wiped after the toilette. Then it had stopped a couple of days and then continued. Got worried and phone GP who had booked me in for an early scan, which showed everything was fine but had to go back the week after as there was no heartbeat as yet. They found the heartbeat in week 6 then no problem and everything was fine. Last Sunday then the big shock. After two days of nothing I had some period like bleeding. I passed something that I can only describe as looking like an unfertilized egg when you normally have your period (sorry for TMI) but might have been blood clot but not sure how they are supposed to look. Went to A&E, which wasn't helpful at all as they hadn't had the equiment... But didn't receive any nice words of support either I have to say... so annoyed at them. But they arrange another early scan which I had on Tuesday. And still, everything is dandy and the baby's heartbeat is fine and everything looked fine. They cannot determine where the blood is coming from. Had 2 day break and happened again on Wednesday... nothing yesterday and today so waiting for it to happen again tomorrow.

Its a nightmare and its driving me crazy and am starting to get paranoid! But doc is saying as long is it is only in the mornings and not a heaving bleed everything should be fine. But I am dreading getting up in the morning and going to the loo not knowing what to expect. But I suppose I just have to live with it as long as it doesn't get any worse... Just would like to know where this is coming from...

And of course, having more discharge during pregnancy doesn't help the "bugger, am I bleeding" feeling...... *SIGH*

Sending you loads of hugs and thinking of you!

Munchkin (week 7)
xx

Oh franky, that's so sad, I am so very sorry for your loss :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh my goodness i am so sorry for your loss, that is very sad.I am thinking of you. :hug:
Baby will always be in your thoughts.x

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry Franky.

Here if you want to chat, just PM me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back