Spotting at 21 weeks

Heth

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here wanting some advice please!

I have been spotting for the past three days with "old" blood. Sometimes it is streaky and then most of the time it is watery brown which is when I wipe myself and on my knickers.

I went to the midwifes at the hospital on Sunday night as I was very worried due to it being my first child I panicked.

She did a internal examination and took some swabs as even though my cervix was closed it seemed red. She told me it is called a erosive cervix.

It is still happening today should I be worried or call the hospital back?

My baby is still moving around and kicking me but I am unsure what to do, I know that it is old blood so that is putting my mind at ease a bit but has anyone else had this?

Thanks

H

Hi hun,

I have no experience of this so can't provide a personal point of view but what did the midwife say about it on Sunday? Did they tell you it was something to worry about or what you should do if it keeps happening? If not I would be inclined to phone your midwife for a chat about it x

Hi, I had cervical erosion before I was pregnant, it's nothing to worry about, just that your cervix is more sensitive and that's what's causing it to bleed, it won't harm the baby or anything. I have heard that quite a few women get it when pregnant as well. If your worried ring your midwife for a chat about it, she will be able to put your mind at rest x

Hi thanks, she told me that I shouldn't be too worried and we will see what the swabs say when they come back either today or tomorrow. I may have an infection that is why my cervix is red.

She seemed happy that the cervix was closed and that when she took the swabs it didn't make my cervix "actively bleed".

She said that if it becomes new blood or I get pain or the baby stops moving then to call but I am that anxious that I want peace of mind if you know what I mean.

Baby is still moving so that is good for me as my little one is very active and will kick on request if I give it a little jiggle!

Maybe its just me being too worried but as it is my first I am not sure.......

Hi, I had cervical erosion before I was pregnant, it's nothing to worry about, just that your cervix is more sensitive and that's what's causing it to bleed, it won't harm the baby or anything. I have heard that quite a few women get it when pregnant as well. If your worried ring your midwife for a chat about it, she will be able to put your mind at rest x

Hi thanks, it is one thing that I thought, my cervix being more sensitive and with the baby weighing it down then I thought is my be putting pressure on it.

Baby is kicking as I type, I am sure it knows when it is being spoken about!

I might wait until the morning to ring the midwife and then I have a better chance that the results are back

It is only natural to be worried hun, pregnancy is a scary time in general which will be even more scary if you have a bleed.

It all sounds very positive though if the midwife was not worried which is great :)

I would put your feet up for a couple of days and hopefully when you receive your swab results you will have a clearer picture x

It is only natural to be worried hun, pregnancy is a scary time in general which will be even more scary if you have a bleed.

It all sounds very positive though if the midwife was not worried which is great :)

I would put your feet up for a couple of days and hopefully when you receive your swab results you will have a clearer picture x

Thanks, will ring her tomorrow to see what is what I think.

I think as I haven't had no problems until now I thought I had got away with all the bad stuff!

I had an erosion in early pregnancy and bled (especially with bm) and it did clear up. Sounds like bubs is fine so try not to worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back