Spotting at 12weeks

ToriElla

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was spotting a tiny bit of blood on friday night and i was advised to go to the hospital. I didn't have any pains or anything in my tummy.

The doctor gave me an internal examination (which really hurt) and said that everything seems fine.

I was just wondering if it is normal to have slight spotting now and then and if anyone else has found internal examinations painful.

Thanks,

Vicky

Hi i had a brown discharge at 7 weeks, then a few days later it was pink when I wiped and there was a spot of blood, when I went to the midwife I mentioned it but she just said it was spotting which can be quite common I have had another couple of occasions where it has been pink when wiped but really pale watery but nothing else. I have a doppler which really reassured me it wasnt an m/c. I've now hit 18 weeks and no problems for about 4 weeks and now get kicked everyday!!

So cant help with the internal but I would think it would hurt and bearing in mind everything is changing down there anyway it prob hurt more than it would if not pg. At least you got the all clear. Have you been for a scan yet??

Hi hon,

I had spotting at 17 weeks. I had an placental bleed and had to have bed rest. I was told at the hospital that bleeding is quite common and you did the right thing going to the hosptal. I had to have an internal and it was shockingly painful. The worst thing was the nurse going "just relax" as if it was a relaxing situation to be in!!!! I was in some discomfort for a few days but it went after that. I was told that all looked fine up there and I have had no further problems. Hope all is ok with you. Big hug to you xxxx

Hi, I had spotting at 8 weeks, and again last night, but no pain or discomfort, midwife doesnt think its anything to worry about and i had a scan at 8 weeks whcih confermed that.

try not to worry,

xxxxx

Thanks ladies!

I really didn't think the internal would hurt so much - they were telling me to relax too but it felt like a knife like pain. I think I must have been a little sore in the first place for it to hurt like that.

The spotting could have been down to sex - anyone else experienced that?

Vicky x

hi i had brown bleeding at 4-8 weeks and then really heavy bleeding (couldn't get of toilet for 45 mins) at 11 1/2 weeks, i had an internal done but it didn't hurt and baby was fine, however, i have been having internal scans done every 2 weeks and the one i had done last week really hurt me i was nearly in tears and was sore for the rest of the day,

Good luck i'm sure you'll be fine

ToriElla said:
The spotting could have been down to sex - anyone else experienced that?

Vicky x

yes, thats what happend to me 2 nights ago, but unless its lots of bleeding and lots of pain its nothing to worry about, just need to take it easier in the bedroom, hehe ;)

forgot to mention that i was told to not have sex for a while too (i'm now on total ban tho :( )

I had brown spotting at 7 weeks and had an internal which was quite painful, all was well in the end and spotting is normal in the 1st few weeks. I also find sex painful and can't do it :(

i had light spotting with cramps at around 8 1/2 weeks, which turned out to be nothing, and baby is fine. i had to have an internal too, which in itself didn't hurt - was just like a smear test really. but my GP put the speculum in warm water first so it wouldn't be too cold - she used too hot water and as soon as the thing touched my "bits" i yelped and nearly leapt off the couch!!! was fine after it had cooled down though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back