Speech Problems

Babylicious

Reaction score
Paris has just been reading to me and I've noticed her speech impediment is back. She's pronouncing R and W so Ross is Woss.

At nearly 8 I would have thought any speech problems would have gone.

Harrison sometimes gets carried away with himself and pronounces his L's as W's, i find by just correcting him he then says it again properly.

Has Paris had a speech problem? or is it just that shes like harrison and gets a little lazy.

She had speech problems when she was much younger, but they seemed to go as she grew up, so could just be laziness :think:

:wave: Hello, I'm a Woss-er instead of Ross-er and I still have to try really hard these days to not talk with it. I stopped doing it as much at about 10-11 when one of my friends pointed it out. But until that age I had always been completely unaware. Although I did have speech lessons when I was alot younger.

But even when I was 15 I would still let it slip. The only way I have to say it with my top teeths and bottom lip....most people will just say it with their lips of that makes sence.

Beths nearly 6 and a ahalf and she does it. I dont mind, but sometimes it makes her mess up her spellings cos she cant sound out the letters properly. Also if you play I Spy with her she'll say "something beginning with W" and you'll be saying things for ages like window, wall, and it'll turn out to be radiator or something beginning with the "R" sound :rotfl:

Her teachers dont seem too concerned though, so hopfully it'll just go on its own :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back