sore tailbone.

sarafet

Reaction score
for the last month i've had this really bad pain in my coccyx when i'm sitting down, it's even worse when standing up.

is anyone else having this problem? i'm sure i've read somewhere that it's normal and another one of the delights of pregnancy. it's just really painful and when i stand up i'm probably walking dead funny :rotfl:

also, i'm sure i've heard about peoples tailbones snapping during labour because they are already weak, could this be causing mines to weaken?

thanks girlies :hug:

Hi

Yeah mine has been sore on and off for weeks. It gets worse when i sit for too long, or if I overdo it with the housework!! that doesnt happen very often though!

Can't offer any advice but wanted to give you some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

I recall having a strange sharp back pain in that area when I wasn't doing anything. I'd simply squeal out in pain and have to move as it hurt like hell. Passed after a few weeks IIRC. No idea what caused it, but MW put it down to the usual PG joys :roll:

I know my OH's Mum put her coccyx/pelvis out when in labour with him and was in terrible pain for about 6 months till it sorted itself out. This was going back a fair few years ago though. It wasn't because it was weak however, but because she is rather small and OH was on the large side with a rather big head :shock: :shock: :shock:

O what do I have to look forward to :roll: :shock: :lol:

poor you hun, I know how painful it is. I broke my Coccyx years ago, no-one believed me at the time so I did nothing about it. I finally went to the docs last year, had an xray and it showed it was broken and its fused at a funny angle and kills when I sit down, it crunches in the bath too :puke: well now I have alot more padding on my bum its ok but Im hoping it re-snaps in birth and then fuses correctly :lol:

Iv had a terrible pain in my tailbone for a couple of weeks now. I sit at a desk all day at work and it's only when i stand up i remember!

Also if i do too much walking or housework it aches really bad.

The joys of pregnancy :?

aww thanks girlies :hug:

think i may ask m/w if there's anything i can do to ease the pain bc it hurts reallllly bad and i refuse to take painkillers :roll:

sherlock - you're in trouble if this one has a head like your hubbys :rotfl:

xxx

Hiya,

I had this in a few weeks ago, I used an ice pack for it. It draws the blood away from the swollen part which is sore. I found it worked better than hot water bottles. I used my cryo pack which I got my the chiro for £4 a few years ago but a packet of peas or something would work.

Hi,

Yes, I'm having some probs when I sit down on hard floors etc now too! When I had my first little girl I had a back to back labour and must have really injured it because was sore for ages when I sat down - think it took about a year to correct itself, it did in the end though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back