back pain

nina_ballerina

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone is having problems with their back, I find it really painful to bend down and if I get up from sitting it takes me ages to stand up straight and every step I take is painful. My coccyx feels quite tender too. I left a message on my midwife's answer phone but she hasn't got back to me yet. Does anyone have any advice about how to ease it? My bottle of pain relieving gel says do not use when pregnant :wall:

I was loving being pregnant and feeling wonderful after all the sickness, in the first few months and now I'm beginning to not like it much anymore. :shakehead:

nina x

Have you tried a hot water bottle? Simple yet apparently effective, and wont harm you or the baby :D

Oh mate have one of these :hug:

I have the same (minus the coccyx pain) and have had it since week 8. Correcting my posture is slightly working for me and the pelvic tilt exercise works when things get really bad (done it in the chippie last night! :lol: ).

Know what you mean though I'm hunched over like an old woman for a while if I sit on the sofa or walk about for longer than 30 minutes. Midwife said to me it was part of being PG so I'm just cracking on with it.

I'm getting bad back pain too and I expect it won't be going away in a hurry. I work in an office all day so sitting slumped in a chair was making mine much worse, I've now put a pillow on the small of back which makes me sit up more and the pain is much less now, hot water bottle of one of those wheat microwave beanies should ease the pain a bit too x

yes i've had bad back ack every day since i was 22 weeks pregnant :(

saz-jay said:
Have you tried a hot water bottle? Simple yet apparently effective, and wont harm you or the baby :D

Yeah a hot water bottle seems to ease it for me. A sore back is just horrible :( this past week I've really got alot more aches and pains - was expecting these in 3rd tri!

yea i have back pain too hunny, sitting in a office all day isnt helping, hubby is looking for hot water bottles as we speak....hope ur feeling better soon darl :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you everyone it's nice to know i'm not alone, luckly I got one of those cute little mini hot water bottles for christmas.. i'm going to dig it out now.

thanks again!

xx

I'm having the same problem..

I desperately want to use ibuprofen gel or something that will ease the pain.. unfortuantely, it is absorbed into the skin and could be harmful.. maybe speak to a pharmacist about what u can use.. or speak to your doctor who migth be able to prescribe something.. or when it gets really painful, try good old paracetamol.. Sorry i couldnt be much help! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back