Sore right boob

purplebluered

Reaction score
LO seems to prefer left boob than right. This morning I woke up and my right boob was a bit sore, almost like it needed feeding from but not engorged iykwim, so got LO to feed and he was faffing about at it, not really feeding from it but was fine on left one. Anyway today was a bit of a funny day with having to get car for MOT and hospital appt for Isaac and not having any car to get there etc, but now I'm really noticing my boob is so sore. Really hurts on the upperside of it and feels lumpy there, not one lump but lots of little bumps, and the underside feels nice and fleshy. I tried expressing but nothing came out even after half an hour, but when I squeeze my nipple milk IS coming out.

What could it be? I have Isaac's 6 week check tomorrow so will ask then, but wondered if you girlies have any ideas? It's getting sorer and sorer by the hour.

Ooooh sounds like it could be the beginnings of mastitis...will definitely check at the doctor's tomorrow thanks...it seems to be feeling worse and worse as time goes on. Bah!

From now until you go to the docs, p wet or dry heat on the sore part, try nursiing as often as you can, loosen consrictive clothing, check the position of him when feeding, change nursing positions and if poss try to position him so his chin is facing the lumps. xxx

Yep good advise from Kelsey there :)

I have mastitis at the moment and its a right killer. The docs will prescribe you with some antibiotics to clear it up.

i had this a couple of days ago and i was told to get LO to feed from the offending boob more often, although she wouldnt latch on at first and when she eventully did it killed, it cleared up within a couple of days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back