sore red rash around mouth

winnie89

Reaction score
Tried harry with some formula the other night he wasn't impressed but after he'd pushed it away I noticed he'd got big red blotches around his mouth I don't know if he was reacting to the formula or it was because I sterilised the bottle differently I'd got a bottle of sterilising fluid I'd found in the cupboard used that instead of steaming (couldn't be bothered to go all the way upstairs to get the steamer out!) What do you ladies think?

Last edited:
I've been thinking about trying Tyler with formula to see if he'll drink that as he turns his nose up at EBM. I've been put off now!

Hope everything's ok!

It could be the sterilising fluid hun, has it gone now?

Hope he's ok xxxxxxx

It's probably the sterilizing fluid. Use the steamer maybe next time?

Pinky allergies can happen to all sort of things. Even If some other babies have allergies to sth it Dosent mean that your baby will have one or that tw sterilizing fluid is not ok or thy it's sth wrong with formula ifykwim. You shoul try Tyler with formula too.
It is very important to be able to get out for the evening and be sure that someone else can settle the baby. Maybe the different taste will e enough for Tyler to be curious and get the bottle?

yeah sounds like an allergic reaction to something my youngest brother was allergic to red and blue food colouring so used to get big red blotches on his face etc when he ate jelly sweets or stuff like that. sometimes his eyes would swell closed a bit but never had a severe reaction like anaphalaxis

Yeah he's fine now I'm allergic to plums and I've had serious anaphalaxis shock where my throat started to close! Will deffo get the steamer out next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back