Bad day :(

Elliellie

Reaction score
Just need a big moan.... OH is driving me mad & had an argument this morning & need a rant! I'm so tired as Isaac is not sleeping well at all. OH is off work at the moment as he's a teacher but I still do all the nighttime stuff as I'm breastfeeding & he wouldn't wake up anyway, so he's getting loads of sleep. I was really hoping he'd do some cleaning & stuff while he's off, but he hasnt. This week & most of last week we've had to go out almost every day as he keeps arranging things with his family & friends as he wants to show Isaac off, which is fair enough but of course that means I have to go & I'm shattered. I'm also trying hard to get Isaac into a bit of a routine & to work on his sleeping/napping as he keeps just getting really overtired & ratty but it's impossible to do that with so much on. Today was meant to be my only free day this week & I wanted to get some rest, help Isaac to get some rest, desperately need to do some washing etc & my OH went & arranged for us to meet his sister & her little girl for lunch! I was so cross! I said i didnt want to go & he told me I was being stupid & in the end went & picked his sis up & brought her round to ours. I'd just managed to get Isaac off for his nap after a lot of crying & they arrived & his sister's little girl was squealing & woke him up straight away & then he's been passed round for ages & held & poked & jiggled by a 3 year old. He was quite good for a while but then he totally lost it as he's so tired, I'm upstairs with him now & have finally got him to sleep on my chest. His sis always tries to tell me that formula is better than breastmilk too, this time she said that Isaac's nappy rash is probably caused by my milk & I should try formula, silly cow.
OH just doesn't get that I'm really tired & need him to be helpful & nice! When he does take Isaac so I can have a shower or something he just over stimulates him & plays loud music to him & then gives him back to me when he's going nuts & he can't calm him down. If I say anything though he gets all stroppy & it turns into an argument.
I can't wait for him to go back work next week now as then at least we'll get some peace & I can do things my way! OH seems to be harder work than Isaac sometimes!
Sorry for the rant, it's just been a bad day & just needed to get it off my chest!

Oh god I remember this feeling! The first few weeks learning your baby are hard enough without extra pressures. I found OH would overstimulate Tyler. I used to put him to bed at 10 and the rule was from 7pm was chill out time. Cuddles only and no games! (I think this helped him learn day and night quicker too.) I actually sent my OH back to work after a week off with me and baby. I found EVERYTHING so much easier without him around and still do! Just think the holidays are nearly over and you 2 can do what you want everyday together. (I wouldn't bother with the routine yet! Focus on bedtime. Their needs change so much your routine will be!)

:hug:so sorry you're having a crappy day hun.

My OH used to get stroppy when I made suggestions too. He said it felt like I didn't trust him to look after Chloe. I explained it was only because I spent more time with Chloe as he was at work, so I had had more time to learn her signals. He took my suggestions much better after that. I also made it clear that he should tell me if he thought I was doing something wrong too ;)

I hope your evening gets a little better x

:hug:

OH will be back at work soon and you'll probabaly get more rest lol I remember what it's like in the early days and everyone wants a piece of the baby. I do get it, that people care n that, but they forget what it's like. They get to hand a crying baby back and go home lol

I can't believe she said that breastmilk would've caused his nappy rash :wall2: Seriously :shock: It's actually frightening lol

xxxx

Sorry you have had a crappy day hun.

I'm much better when OH is at work and can just get on with it. He just adds to the stress by making 'helpful' suggestions! He also gets in a mood when I tell him what is the matter with E.

Only a day left of the holidays then you can get back to normal.

Hugs. xx

:hugs:

I remember it well. Plus I always found it was harder to get LO settled for his naps & night time after lots of visitors/passing around ect.

I'd say visit the main ppl in your life that you think are important to meet baby & leave everyone else til down the line, you can only do so much. Your OH is probs hyped up with being a new daddy & getting loads of sleep, he might not realise how tired you are.

xxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies, made me feel better to know I'm not the only one, men eh?! Isaac is 10 weeks old too, it's not like he's just been born! We had all the visitors when he was born, it's just that OH is off work so arranged to see them all again! Isaac finds it really difficult to get to sleep so I'm trying different things & seeing what helps, it's just so hard with loads of visitors, he's kept awake & then gets over tired & grotty & that can disrupt the whole night. OH is also so noisy & woke him up twice yesterday when I'd just managed to get him to sleep! Think he got the hint by the evening though as he cooked the dinner & cleaned the kitchen! I've told him we are doing nothing at the weekend & having no visitors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back