Sore boobs from breastfeeding and feeds too often??

sarahg

Reaction score
Katie is 3 weeks old now and feeding well. I have breastfed from the start. I lost a lot of blood from an emergency c-section and no-one told me this could really slow feeding or indeed stop it altogether. It was slow going but anyway I perservered and Katie has gone from 6lbs 6oz to 7 lb 14 oz in 3weeks which I am very proud about. However I now have very full boobs which really ache/feel sore between feeds as she is having so much! Is this normal - should it hurt me. When I say hurt it is more uncomfortable but it does feel as though I will burst at times!

Also she is feeding every 21/2 - 3 hours - will this reduce soon as she has larger feeds or will it remain this often. I haven't slept for three nights due to k needing feeds and then finding it hard to settle due to bad wind making her unhappy!

I feel a bit low at the mo and need some ressurance that this will get better - anyone experienced this and have any advice?

You have done fantasticly well, welldone mummy :clap:

This is all very normal and to be honest your little one is feeding very well going 2-3hrs, Olivia is still going nearly 2 hours :roll:

Exclusively breastfeeding is hard work, and ive been told gets better by 3 months onwards.

your sore full boobs should settle soon when your milk match's her needs, if it getting to much for you put a warm flannel on them and try to hand express to relieve them :D

Hope that helps :hug:

Oh and by 6 weeks you will both be in your little routine and it seems alot easier :)

Hi Sarah, you're doing brilliantly. :clap: It DOES get better, I promise. Soon you will be doing it without thinking about it and your body will adjust to what your baby needs. It IS really hard at the begining but keep at it and you will be so glad you did.
RE the wind - have you tried putting her over your shoulder and rubbing her back for a few mins, this used to bring up a lot of wind for M.
Oh and congratulations on the birth of Katie :D

ah thank you ladies! Had a bad night again but we will persevere!

As for winding I have done over the shoulder - this seems to work sometimes but not always. She wriggles and kicks with the painwhich is heart wrenching.

Thank you for your kind words though - it really helps!

Hi Sarah

Just a thought but do you eat a lot of dairy products? My first little girl had bad problems with wind/colic and a friend suggested I reduce the amount of dairy in my diet, after that we never looked back. Apparently their little tummies have problems digesting the protien in cows milk.
It's worth a try......

Good luck and well done for keeping at it! :clap: :clap:

Hi Sarah

Just wanted to add my two penneth - you've done fantastically well!! I too had an emergency C Section and my blood iron count was low and interfered with milk production.

Connor was born two weeks ago today and I've just stopped breast feeding. We were combining breast/bottle but my milk totally dried up so good for you for perservering!!

oh Shaz - I'm so sorry :hug: - I'm stressing tonight because K has just had a really runny stringing nappy which was green. This can't be right can it? Help - I think the lack of sleep is stressing me..

Really though Shaz I hope you are okay and babe is okay. That after all is what is important.

Hello I just wanted to say congratulations for getting this far.

I too have had problems with breast feeding with sore nipples etc. ( I had a section too) I had to have antibiotics for an infection in my scar and I developed thrush.

The stringy poo thing - Logan has had this - aparently it is the extra fat that they do not need and is normal In fact it shows that your baby is getting mroe than enough calories.... or so I was told.... although if it is green it may indicate a problem - I would discuss this with the HV.

Logan is feeding every 2 hours at the min and is 8 weeks old on Tuesday. We sometimes get this up to every 3 hours but thats rare - and it is the same in the night. So your baby sounds normal to me...

As everyone has said though after a few weeks you both will settle down into a rountine and you may feel better about the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back